Director of Private label Brand Management
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
F - Fearless & Fast …We are not afraid to fail! We embrace risk and drive change with urgency.
I - Inclusive …We honor, respect and encourage diversity and differences! We celebrate wins by collaborating, sharing goals, supporting each other and having fun.
R - Results Driven …We are passionate about customers and business results! We achieve results through talent nurturing, intentional goal setting, data-driven decisions and execution.
S - Serve Communities …We give back to the communities to which we owe our success! Our customers, colleagues, partners, family, friends and neighbors.
T - Trust & Accountability …We empower and hold each other accountable to deliver on commitments, and trust each other’s positive intent.
To help people change their life and become their best self!
The Director of Private Label Brand Management is accountable for bringing our various private label brands (“Owned Brands”) to market. Specifically, they will be accountable to delivering on our high-quality brand promise, ensuring that we achieve ambitious profitability targets, and for meeting product delivery dates. As well as other responsibilities of the role include product sourcing, management of manufacturer relationships (both domestic and Canada), product funnel and category expansions, service levels, and financial ownership of our new product and category-level revenue and profit performance. This person must have a strong project management background. Effective leadership as it relates to negotiations, RFP processes, product commercialization, understanding of customer and salesforce needs at a product level, financial planning and forecasting, and the competitive landscape are essential for this role. In addition, high level collaboration with a range of departments is essential.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supplier partner management and negotiations: Serves as higher level contact for supplier base of domestic suppliers plus international suppliers. Negotiates cost and all contract terms and leads initiatives focused on cost savings and portfolio consolidation.
- Work closely with the SVP of eCommerce to lead the project management for the Private Label team
- Financial Planning and Forecasting. Leads 1 year and 3-year fiscal financial planning exercise for portfolio and monthly forecasting efforts. Develops initiative-based financial plans and measures initiatives against these plans.
- Launch process and product information: Ultimately responsible for process associated with launching products to the market. Manages processes related to gathering key product information.
- Operational alignment: Maintains alignment with both domestic and global purchasing / inventory management teams and collaborates with supplier partners regarding maintaining high customer fill rates. Within team also manages supplier score carding.
- Partner with Partner Label product and design teams to ensure we deliver high quality product that lives up to our iconic brand
- Align with Finance on ambitious seasonal profitability targets, then over-deliver those targets
- Create vendor scorecards that are multi-dimensional and use visibility to drive accountability
- Collaborate with the SVP of eCommerce to provide critical input in the product creation process to optimize features and functionalities of product
- Partner with SVP of eCommerce to build go-to-market calendar and manage factory partners to ensure calendar discipline
- Bring forward-looking innovation and fabrication ideas to our Product team and lead execution
- Bring healthy tension to assortment decisions based on MOQ, margin, and quality concerns
- Serve as a key stakeholder in the development and implementation of all process and technology improvements that relate to product creation and sourcing
- Build and develop team of sourcing professionals, cultivating talent, and developing succession plans for the entire team.
Education and Experience:
- 8+ years of e-commerce, retail merchandising or management consulting experience
- Experience in business and data analytics, Excel, SQL
- Category Management / Sourcing experience with SKU intensive portfolio
- Supplier partner management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Consumable Market Product Development
- Exceptional organizational/multi-tasking skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Experience in Consumer-Packaged Goods / food industry experience, multiple categories a plus.
- Strong Project Management
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Who We Are: https://youtu.be/smZrTVZ2bj0
- Health Benefits: Bodybuilding.com provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family
- Financial and Savings Programs: Whether it’s flexible spending or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future
- Work Life balance and more: To make sure of work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, and access to discounts and an amazing onsite fitness center
- Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization
- Check out Careers YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5aqJSIWQHtO65LVUz3OzYA
- Stay up to date with the most current info at Bodybuilding.com HQ, follow us on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/bodybuilding-com/
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.