Head of Sales
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
F - Fearless & Fast …We are not afraid to fail! We embrace risk and drive change with urgency.
I - Inclusive …We honor, respect and encourage diversity and differences! We celebrate wins by collaborating, sharing goals, supporting each other and having fun.
R - Results Driven …We are passionate about customers and business results! We achieve results through talent nurturing, intentional goal setting, data-driven decisions and execution.
S - Serve Communities …We give back to the communities to which we owe our success! Our customers, colleagues, partners, family, friends and neighbors.
T - Trust & Accountability …We empower and hold each other accountable to deliver on commitments, and trust each other’s positive intent.
To help people change their life and become their best self!
The National Sales Director, Owned Brands position is designed to build Bodybuilding.com Owned Brands business by securing new revenue and retail partnerships. This role will be responsible for sales and profits for assigned customers, as well as acquiring new accounts. To be successful in this role, this individual must have deep retail sales experience, and must demonstrate an understanding of the complexities of national retailers to include sales management, a strong analytical background, sales and strategy presentations, relationship building, and a track record of exceptional follow-through.
This is an opportunity to be part of the transformation of our business as we target rapid future top and bottom line growth within the Owned Brands business unit. We are looking for a commercially savvy National Sales Director who is passionate about the sports nutrition and lifestyle industry with the necessary experience and a proven track record of business building in the FDM, Grocery and Convenience sectors.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Identify new market opportunities and distribution partnerships, develop robust business proposals to support buy in from key stakeholders and negotiate contracts with a view to developing long term relationships
- Develop and implement a winning retail strategy to enable achievement of growth ambition across the US in the grocery and convenience channels
- Collaborate with brand development and customer marketing teams to devise and implement winning market / channel / customer strategies
- Responsible for new business development and expansion into new retail outlets
- Maintain a high level of "Market Place" knowledge, competitive activity, and retailer promotional plans
- Must demonstrate the ability to build strong relationships internally and externally
- Develop and execute joint business planning sessions with all customers
- Passion for our Brands: Proud of our brands and work continuously to increase their relevance with our customers and consumers. You are an advocate for our brands, consumers and customers.
- Must have superior negotiating and influencing skills
- Category Management skills - proficient at fact-based selling
- Responsible for budgeting and tracking key account metrics and identifying growth opportunities
- Work with the Demand Planning team to develop working forecasts and accurately assist in managing inventory flow
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BA/BS Degree, MBA is a plus
- Broad channel understanding including experience across Grocery, Convenience Distribution and E-Commerce
- Channels in the US market
- Proven and consistent track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets in a growth business
- Category management, customer insights and sales analytics experience
- Strong influencing and communication skills
- Self-starter, highly motivated and ambitious
- Strong ability to analyze data such as forecasts, sales trends, out of stocks, and seasonality trends.
- Excellent Internal and External communication skills (reading, writing, speaking)
- Passion for sports nutrition and/or fitness industry (preferred)
- Proven track record of cultivating and developing business partnerships that create value for the business
- Strong ability to navigate and lead cross-functionally; solid and broad business knowledge with the ability to understand business requirements and objectives
Bodybuilding.com offers its employees several benefits such
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.