Director of Category Management
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
F - Fearless & Fast …We are not afraid to fail! We embrace risk and drive change with urgency.
I - Inclusive …We honor, respect and encourage diversity and differences! We celebrate wins by collaborating, sharing goals, supporting each other and having fun.
R - Results Driven …We are passionate about customers and business results! We achieve results through talent nurturing, intentional goal setting, data-driven decisions
S - Serve Communities …We give back to the communities to which we owe our success! Our customers, colleagues, partners, family, friends
T - Trust & Accountability …We empower and hold each other accountable to deliver on commitments, and trust each other’s positive intent.
To help people change their
The Director of Category Management is responsible for directing, managing and executing the online merchandising activities that support a best in class website experience for all BodyBuilding.com customers. The Director will partner with the site merchandising and marketing teams to leverage customer data, product sales data and on-site analytics to identify the most significant opportunities to achieve sales, conversion and margin goals across merchandising categories while maintaining positive customer experience metrics. S/he will be accountable for ensuring that online assortments maximize sales and margin by marketing a collection of products with compelling promotional strategies, across web and mobile experience. S/he will provide recommendations regarding product mix and
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Analyzes and leverages customer information and behaviors as well as competitive benchmarking to identify areas necessary to improve the customer research/shopping experience, assessing best-in-class online retailers, emerging online trends and customer feedback.
• Analyzes customer information to identify the most significant opportunities to improve the customer experience across categories.
• Manages the process to identify opportunities to improve taxonomy, purchase path (search and navigation), data content, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and post-transaction results through tactical execution and cross-functional collaboration.
• Optimizes the category level customer funnel through ASP, AOV, UPT and conversion rate measurement and optimization.
• Maintains and inspires a highly skilled and engaged team with a focus on clear and consistent communication around company objectives, responsibilities
• Builds and maintains relationships with strategic vendor partners, understanding and learning the technical tools for maximum value and efficiency
• Collaborate with key cross-functional senior stakeholders in pricing, product, site merchandising, promotions, operations, marketing, and inventory to drive category strategy
• Continually monitor and analyze product range and sales results to determine products that maximize profitability/productivity
• Manage the process with effective communication and action steps in order to achieve margin, profitability, and acceptable inventory levels
• Manages category resources, ensuring organizational efficiency through appropriate motivation, training
• BS/BA in Marketing/Business or related field. MBA a plus
• Minimum of 8
• Minimum of 3 years at building and managing teams
• Minimum of 3 years e-commerce and retail experience
• Detail oriented and excellent analytical, financial and strategic planning skills
• Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
• Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
• Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
• Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for
• Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
Bodybuilding.com offers its employees several benefits such
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.