Director of User Experience (UX)
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
F- Fearless & Fast …We are not afraid to fail! We embrace risk and drive change with urgency.
I- Inclusive …We honor, respect and encourage diversity and differences! We celebrate wins by collaborating, sharing goals, supporting each other and having fun.
R - Results Driven …We are passionate about customers and business results! We achieve results through talent nurturing, intentional goal setting, data-driven decisions
S -Serve Communities …We give back to the communities to which we owe our success! Our customers, colleagues, partners, family, friends
T- Trust & Accountability …We empower and hold each other accountable to deliver on commitments, and trust each other’s positive intent.
To help people change their
Here at bodybuilding.com, We Change Lives. We are looking for someone who is passionate about connecting people with their best self through great UX/UCD within our connected digital ecosystem. Candidates should be resourceful and
As Head of User
This leadership position requires a mix of visionary and strategic thinking with a tenacious cross-functional top performer-mentality to focus on game
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop the overall strategy, planning, prioritization and execution for the end-user experience.
- Oversee all research and design operations including the infrastructure, team and vendor management across all phases of the design life cycle. Lead the creation of UX artifacts including customer research and analysis, feature/flow architecture, wireframes, prototypes, content strategy, and design.
- Establish the design methodologies and processes that will be used in the design and development lifecycle, integrating with the Agile delivery model.
- Collaborate with strategic partners and leaders within the organization in the delivery of extraordinary experiences.
- Oversee the collaboration with Product, Marketing, Technology
andeCommerce through discovery workshops and projects ensuring the ideation and design process elevates our work to best-in-class level.
- Collaborate with developers and QA to deliver
polishedfinal product. Lead activities such as customer journeys, heuristic reviews andusability testing.
- Grow, mentor and build a high performing team of skilled user experience professionals.
- Lead, Inspire, Mentor and Develop others on the team and influence related product areas outside your area.
- Plan, prioritize, and oversee initiatives ensuring that all designs are executed on time and at the highest quality levels.
- Function as the lead authority for UX acceptance of go-to-market deliverables, ensuring nothing goes to market that does not adhere to exceptional UX standards.
- REQUIRED: Must have native app experience. Experience managing teams of other designers, and eCommerce solution experience.
- Online or digital portfolio demonstrating breadth and depth in UX and visual design, conceptual thinking, and creative problem solving across platforms.
- Extensive experience in UX, Visual Design and user research; leadership experience with the ability to recruit, train, motivate and provide professional development for a high performing team.
- Ability to serve as a '
hands on' leader and a willingness to lead by example.
- Ability to be highly collaborative with a focus on results. Self-motivated, a good communicator, and able to balance great design with meeting short deadlines.
- Deep understanding of user-centered design methods and best practices - and you're always looking to improve on your process.
- Power to influence others and build
consensus,while dealing with ambiguity.
- Ability to produce results independently as well as collaboratively in a team.
- Self-motivated, a good communicator, and able to balance great design with meeting short deadlines.
- Experience using analytics, user research and other approaches to help make decisions and iterate on the product.
- Expert knowledge of design tools such as Sketch, Invision, Axure, Photoshop etc
- Proven ability to establish relationships, trust
andcredibility and follow through on plans and decisions.
- Proven ability to establish relationships, trust
Education and Experience:
- 10+ years experience in product design, shipping and evolving experiences at
scalethat delivermeasurable impact.
- 6+ years leading and managing teams of high-quality design talent including recruiting, retaining, and mentoring.
- Bachelor of Science degree in visual arts, graphic design, engineering or related field.
- Preferred Education: MBA or Advanced Degree in a related marketing, design or analytics field.
- Portfolio showcasing excellent design capabilities in a variety of styles, and formats.
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.