Sr. Software Engineer
Respect & Integrity …You are honest and ethical, and demand the same from others
Accountability …You demand accountability from yourself and others; you seek constructive feedback and openly provide feedback to others
Results Focused …You consistently look to add value
Continuous Improvement …You learn from successes and failures, and impalement improvement based on those learnings
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Who We Are: https://youtu.be/smZrTVZ2bj0
- Health Benefits: Bodybuilding.com provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family
- Financial and Savings Programs: Whether it’s flexible spending or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future
- Work-Life balance and more: To ensure work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, access to discounts and an amazing onsite fitness center
- Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization
- Check out Careers YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5aqJSIWQHtO65LVUz3OzYA
- Stay up to date with the most current info at Bodybuilding.com HQ; follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bodybuilding-com/
We aspire to make fitness simple, accessible and convenient to empower all people to change their lives
Bodybuilding.com is one of the world’s top fitness sites. We help people become there best self and live a healthier life. If you love technology and are looking to make a difference in the world our Sr. Engineer role is for you. You will help to solve mission critical problems and work across internal teams to help make fitness accessible and convenient for anyone on a fitness journey. You will have a chance to help Architect the future of our company by working on BodyFit – the future of Bodybuidling.com
A Day in the life:
- Work with the Bodybuilding.com engineering and product team to solve complex issues that help our customers on their Health and Fitness journeys, while following best practices for Agile development.
- Collaborate with team members on a daily basis, either in person of with collaboration tools like Slack or Zoom. Participate in daily standup and future task planning.
- Write code and help mentor Jr. engineers.
- Take on complex problems head on.
- Be an awesome team player and colleague.
Who are you?
- You have worked with different backend and frontend technologies. You know what a Full Stack engineer is.
- You are ready to learn new programming languages - technologies and ready to challenge status quo.
- You are a language polyglot that feels comfortable using the right tool for the job. Experience with Node, Java and React beneficial
- Experience with eCommerce is a plus but not required.
- Engineers at BB are ready to break out of their comfort zones and challenge themselves.
- AWS (Lambda, RDS, EC2, S3, EBS, Cloud Watch) experience a big plus
- Good knowledge of Cloud infrastructure and Micro-service architectures
- You know what containers, docker, Kubernetes is all about.
- You learn from your mistakes and constantly try to add value.
- We help people - so you should be someone who want to help people be better!
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.