We aspire to make fitness simple, accessible and convenient to empower all people to change their lives
Job Summary: Video Editor is responsible to execute on-time creative projects using cutting edge techniques and storytelling methods resulting in company branded and strategic aligned results. This role will function under the general oversite of the Sr Lead Editor with extensive latitude to exercise independent judgement in the execution of duties. Editor's Reel required, please attach it to the application or provide a link in the Portfolio section. Here is an example of what we're looking for: https://vimeo.com/23602927
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Video Team on creative development of new projects assigned by the Executive Producer and Managing Editor.
- Create and edit video content that captures the creative scope outlined by the Creative Director.
- Curate the most effective shots to form a clear, logical and flowing story.
- Edit both long form content driven work and short form commercial type work.
- Quickly establish familiarity with scripts for production concepts and editing requirements.
- Communicate clearly with team and partners regarding project status and needs.
- Effectively represent Bodybuilding.com while working with talent (fitness models, actors, subject matter experts, etc.).
Education and Experience:
- Demonstrated competence using the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically targeting Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop
- Expert capabilities with Adobe Premiere Creative Cloud, as well as other post-production software
- 3+ years’ experience in a role requiring the application of exceptional editing and technical skills
- Self-motivated to complete individual and team assignments, and the concurrent ability to lead and work under the guidance of project supervisors
- Excellent attention to detail both with shooting style and translating footage through editing visual content
- Ability to stay composed and troubleshoot problems during technical issues
- Strong written, oral, and visual communication; ability to speak clearly and concisely to team members and talent
- Knowledge of fitness training and techniques is a competitive advantage
- Proven ability to tell compelling stories through editing
Respect & Integrity …You are honest and ethical, and demand the same from others
Accountability …You demand accountability from yourself and others, you seek constructive feedback and openly provide feedback to others
Results Focused …You consistently look to add value
Continuous Improvement …You learn from successes and failures, and impalement improvement bases on those learnings
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Who We Are: https://youtu.be/smZrTVZ2bj0
- Health Benefits: Bodybuilding.com provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family
- Financial and Savings Programs: Whether it’s flexible spending or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future
- Work-Life balance and more: To ensure work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, access to discounts and an amazing onsite fitness center
- Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization
- Check out Careers YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5aqJSIWQHtO65LVUz3OzYA
- Stay up to date with the most current info at Bodybuilding.com HQ; follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bodybuilding-com/
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.