Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
F - Fearless & Fast …We are not afraid to fail! We embrace risk and drive change with urgency.
I - Inclusive …We honor, respect and encourage diversity and differences! We celebrate wins by collaborating, sharing goals, supporting each other and having fun.
R - Results Driven …We are passionate about customers and business results! We achieve results through talent nurturing, intentional goal setting, data-driven decisions and execution.
S - Serve Communities …We give back to the communities to which we owe our success! Our customers, colleagues, partners, family, friends and neighbors.
T - Trust & Accountability …We empower and hold each other accountable to deliver on commitments, and trust each other’s positive intent.
To help people change their life and become their best self!
The Senior Paralegal will assist the company’s Legal Department in rendering legal advice to and mitigating risk in various company business units; perform contract review and negotiation for a wide range of business needs; maintain legal entity documents, policies, and procedures; provide legal and compliance support to all departments within the Company; assist with litigation including document production and discovery; and provide support as needed to the Chief Legal Officer and Staff Attorney. The Senior Paralegal will have the autonomy to lead specific and complex projects as needed.
- Assisting with maintenance of all corporate governance documents, policies, and procedures
- Manage registration of foreign entities and formation of new entities
- Assisting with maintenance of corporate SARs/equity program
- Review and negotiate corporate contracts for various departments, including complex software agreements, third party service agreements, license agreements, and financial/credit agreements, and maintain lifecycle of the same
- Maintenance of corporate intellectual property portfolio
- Perform preliminary intellectual property searches and due diligence on an as-needed basis
- Draft letters, authorizations, and other legal documents for review
- Manage and update corporate library of templates, forms, and clauses
- Assist with maintenance of outside counsel relationships and projects
- Work with business and operational units to provide guidance and gather information
- Assist in responding to third-party subpoenas
- Draft correspondence, policies and procedures, and research memoranda
- Track transaction tasks, parties, and key dates, and communicate progress to team as issues and tasks are resolved
- Minimum of six – eight years’ experience as a corporate paralegal engaged in the applicable job responsibilities
- Paralegal certificate preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Strong intuition and ability to anticipate the needs of colleagues
- Excellent writing skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Thrive in a deadline-driven, multi-tasking environment with a strong sense of diligence
- Substantive experience drafting, reviewing, and editing contracts in relevant subject areas
- Ability to work independently, exercise independent judgment, and take initiative to accomplish objectives in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat Professional along with other computer software applications
- Ability to establish and maintain cordial and effective relationships with in-house clients and work effectively with a wide variety of individuals
- Ability to complete special projects as assigned
- Regulatory compliance experience in the food and supplement industry is a plus (e.g., FDA/FTC work)
- Intellectual property experience a plus
Bodybuilding.com offers its employees several benefits such as: health, dental and vision insurance; 401(k); discretionary bonuses; gym membership reimbursement; employee discount.
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.