Director, Analytics & Data Science
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
F - Fearless & Fast …We are not afraid to fail! We embrace risk and drive change with urgency.
I - Inclusive …We honor, respect and encourage diversity and differences! We celebrate wins by collaborating, sharing goals, supporting each other and having fun.
R - Results Driven …We are passionate about customers and business results! We achieve results through talent nurturing, intentional goal setting, data-driven decisions and execution.
S - Serve Communities …We give back to the communities to which we owe our success! Our customers, colleagues, partners, family, friends and neighbors.
T - Trust & Accountability …We empower and hold each other accountable to deliver on commitments, and trust each other’s positive intent.
To help people change their life and become their best self!
In this role, the Director of Data Analytics will build and manage our analytics team, work cross-functionally with other teams to drive understanding of how day-to-day data quality impacts the company's objectives and key results. Individual should have an affinity for enabling data driven decisions with a bias toward action. Must enjoy the process of breaking down complex data sets and problems into comprehensible and actionable insights.
- Analyze business intelligence and support the business by communicating key insights, risks, and findings to management
- Develop, maintain, and improve holistic data sets, reports, and dashboards to monitor company performance
- Use a data-informed approach to inform and drive day-to-day focus and operational efficiencies
- Partner closely with the data warehouse team to ensure consistency and accurate data transfer across the organization
- Ensure work is tied to Bodybuilding.com’s vision, business objectives, and key results to drive alignment, impact, culture, and trust
- Coach and provide education to the company around key results, strategic analysis, and complex analytical processes
- Proactively identify and assess risk, escalate concerns, and mitigate issues
- Prioritize projects to deliver the most value to the company as efficiently as possible
- Experience in business intelligence, analytics, and data science
- A proven track record of hiring, managing and leading a focused, data-driven team
- The ability to work cross-functionally in a collaborative environment
- A demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, priorities, and stakeholders
- Experience building, managing and improving complex data systems at scale
- Knowledge of best practices for reporting, visualization, and report building
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Expert development skills data modeling language SQL, T-SQL, PL-SQL
- Expert statistical methods skills in a language like SAS, MATLAB, R, and Python
- Thorough understanding of Master Data Management, Automated Data Quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- eCommerce or retail experience preferred
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Who We Are https://youtu.be/smZrTVZ2bj0
- Health Benefits com provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family.
- Financial and Savings Programs Whether it’s flexible spending or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future.
- Work Life balance and more: To make sure of work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, and access to discounts and an amazing onsite fitness center.
- Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization.
- Check out Careers Youtube Page : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5aqJSIWQHtO65LVUz3OzYA
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.