Director, Performance Marketing & Digital Advertising
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
F - Fearless & Fast …We are not afraid to fail! We embrace risk and drive change with urgency.
I - Inclusive …We honor, respect and encourage diversity and differences! We celebrate wins by collaborating, sharing goals, supporting each other and having fun.
R - Results Driven …We are passionate about customers and business results! We achieve results through talent nurturing, intentional goal setting, data-driven decisions and execution.
S - Serve Communities …We give back to the communities to which we owe our success! Our customers, colleagues, partners, family, friends and neighbors.
T - Trust & Accountability …We empower and hold each other accountable to deliver on commitments, and trust each other’s positive intent.
To help people change their life and become their best self!
We are looking for someone who is passionate about connecting people with their best self through our connected digital ecosystem of product, content and community solutions. Candidates should be resourceful and forward-thinking, and should have demonstrated and directly relevant experience growing & optimizing customer acquisition channels across the digital landscape. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing concepts and initiatives to drive increased revenue, return on ad spend, and acquisition of targeted LTV segments from acquisition-oriented digital marketing channels. Lead channel initiatives to consistently test, learn, and recommend next actions to increase revenue and customer growth. Determines the appropriate channel mix, managing budget, forecasting, measuring, analyzing, and reporting on the impact of demand generation.
Digital Advertising is responsible for the day-to-day operations of Bodybuilding.com’s programmatic ad stack. They will define and drive the company’s advertorial content monetization strategy and provide investigative insights/analysis, technical adjustments, strategic optimizations, and surfacing opportunities within all programmatic platforms with the goal of maximizing yield for digital ad revenue.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of dedicated channel marketing managers who are responsible for overall store traffic and mobile subscription acquisition across all paid channels, CRM & SEO.
- Develop, implement and optimize a scalable paid media strategy to drive growth and new customer acquisition, as well as brand consideration and strategic visibility across numerous product lines including mobile app, subscription and ecommerce
- Manage and oversee all components of SEM, affiliate, shopping ads (PLA), social platforms, email, push notifications, mobile app and other outbound efforts, including planning, budgeting, analyzing, and reporting on the overall strategic success.
- Oversee the CRM team responsible for all customer communication via mobile app and email, including Lifecycle, Retention, Winback, Promotional & Acquisition. Work with team to identify opportunities and continually optimize and test in channel
- Manage SEO technical lead to ensure best practices on any new content released as well as landing page and new product page development. Work closely with engineering and product teams to prioritize SEO projects for website as well as mobile ASO
- Work & Manage growth of team channel leads with ongoing strategic initiatives to continue to drive value and increase performance of all paid channels to store & mobile apps.
- Work closely with merchant and product team. Manage relationships with online marketing partners, and vendors.
- Coordinate with digital publishing, content, store and product teams to prioritize and develop integrated campaigns, determine best channels for each product/campaign/piece of content.
- Have an eye for opportunities, including new channels, advertising and integration opportunities; have the ability to punch higher on the funnel, realize efficiencies and maximize our effort at driving the consumer to their next best step w/in our ecosystem. Stay in tune with market trends, research, and new happenings within the mobile & ecommerce landscapes.
- Have meaningful and collaborative relationships with business intelligence, data strategy and data science team to develop channel level reporting, customer analysis and LTV models to help further understand customer journeys and improve overall customer experience across all product lines.
- Partner with BI to automate daily/weekly/monthly roll ups of performance and LTV projections across all product lines and present data-driven insights: pathing insights, demographics and campaign targeting performance, cause-and-effect of cross-channel tactics. Own and operate Bodybuilding.com’s programmatic ad stack across all platforms and properties
- Analyze revenue trends and create robust financial forecasts based on past and future performance
- Define price-floor strategies, implement yield optimizations, and monitor performance across all programmatic partners
- Continually be on the lookout for new business opportunities, strategic partnerships, and other key initiatives
- Work with the e-commerce team and the Partnership Marketing Manager to create and sell high-performance display advertising packages to our sports nutrition vendors
- Work cross-functionally with Engineering, UX/UI, BI, and Finance departments to ensure that all ad operations touchpoints and processes are set up properly
- Demonstrated experience with implementing digital marketing initiatives that will scale to support the requirements of a growing organization with multiple brands.
- Experience managing and developing large-scale paid programs & budgets.
- Deep subject matter expertise in paid media including mobile app acquisition, digital and social media analytics. Expert knowledge/proficiency with industry standard tools including but not limited to Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Adcenter, Gemini, Facebook, MMPs, mobile app analytics & fraud tactics
- Demonstrated ability to create a clear, innovative and achievable vision and inspire, align and lead team to deliver.
- Strong ability to glean insights and tell a story from data, analytics and insights inspiring action and change. Data-driven decision maker: preferred experience in operationalizing data, predictive analytics, statistical modeling and optimization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to ask questions to gain understanding, partner with others and deal with differing points of view.
- Proven ability to lead a team, drive performance and anticipate the quickly changing digital marketing and data landscape.
- Skillful and impactful communicator with the ability to deliver presentations with poise and confidence.
- Proven ability to establish relationships, trust and credibility and follow through on plans and decisions. 5+ years of experience in publisher-side ad operations
- Deep understanding of the programmatic advertising landscape, RTB (real-time bidding), and the roles that various entities (DSPs, SSPs, ad exchanges, etc) play in the ad-tech ecosystem
- Experience working with ad server technology, especially with Google Ad Manager (DFP)
- Experience working with header-bidding technology such as Prebid.js, and implementing custom solutions that run and scale on high-traffic websites
- Experience setting up PMPs (private marketplaces), Deal IDs, and managing 3rd-party ad tags
- Large rolodex of contacts within the ad-tech industry, especially with big Supply-Side Platforms (e.g. AppNexus, Index Exchange, Rubicon, OpenX, PubMatic, A9, etc)
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills (Pivot Table, VLOOKUP, SUMIF, etc)
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to converse with C-level executives
- Ability to research and stay ahead of digital media industry trends
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or related field
- Preferred Education: MBA or Advanced Degree in a related marketing or analytics field
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Who We Are https://youtu.be/smZrTVZ2bj0
- Health Benefits com provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family.
- Financial and Savings Programs Whether it’s flexible spending or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future.
- Work Life balance and more: To make sure of work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, and access to discounts and an amazing onsite fitness center.
- Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization.
- Check out Careers Youtube Page : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5aqJSIWQHtO65LVUz3OzYA
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.