Specialist - Sports Nutrition Category Management
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
F - Fearless & Fast …We are not afraid to fail! We embrace risk and drive change with urgency.
I - Inclusive …We honor, respect and encourage diversity and differences! We celebrate wins by collaborating, sharing goals, supporting each other and having fun.
R - Results Driven …We are passionate about customers and business results! We achieve results through talent nurturing, intentional goal setting, data-driven decisions and execution.
S - Serve Communities …We give back to the communities to which we owe our success! Our customers, colleagues, partners, family, friends and neighbors.
T - Trust & Accountability …We empower and hold each other accountable to deliver on commitments, and trust each other’s positive intent.
To help people change their life and become their best self!
The Product Specialist works directly with Category Managers to pioneer new products, build categories and deploy best in class retail and shopper capabilities. It is with this passion and commitment to innovation, we believe in hiring and developing the very best talent by living our core values of Fearless & Fast, Inclusive, Results Driven, Serve Communities and Trust & Accountability every day. These core values define who we are and how we operate. They shape the way we work with each other, with our customers, and with our communities. Our Category Management team leads insights into action to impact strategic customer and category growth. The right individual will thrive in a fast-paced professional environment and find motivation and fulfillment in the exciting challenges of a fast paced agile environment. Bodybuilding.com provides a unique, personal touch by building and establishing the client-to-consumer relationship on the front end. We directly build brand loyalty and a personal, lasting relationship among the customers we acquire for our clients. We are currently looking for competitive individuals with a winning mindset and entrepreneurial spirit to fill entry-level positions in our eCommerce Category Management Department. The Product Specialist will be responsible for assisting with site merchandising, product assortment, new item set up, vendor negotiation, and sales reporting. We operate on platforms ranging from B2C, and/or Retail.
Who You Are:
- You’re a born leader: You will own the shelf to maximize productivity of assortment and placement that delivers category strategies and objectives.
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: You will grow our business through effective use of data and insights, working with key stakeholders cross functionally to identify KPI’s and define business objectives and goals.
- You’re a story teller: You will leverage category management tools to build category stories and drive growth opportunities.
- You’re a change maker: You will pro-actively support Sales on key business opportunities monthly with Bodybuilding.com and provide actionable recommendations.
- Have a Passion for Bodybuilding.com and our mission
What You’ll Do:
- Utilize category principals from Bodybuilding.com best practices to assist in building category business plans and execute identified strategies to deliver category objectives
- Research assigned spend categories and develop comprehensive sourcing strategies with buy-in from all stakeholders.
- Conduct sourcing activities and events as appropriate to communicate and implement the strategies. Lead sourcing initiatives and cross-functional teams, collaborate with subject matter experts to develop the scope of work and overall business requirements.
- Develop and implement programs to optimize the supply base while identifying new suppliers and assist with their development into production capable alternatives for sole-sourced items.
- Successfully transition the administration of implemented strategies to local and regional purchasing functions. Systematically follow up and obtain feedback to ensure actual operational results meet or exceed expectations and regularly report on results.
- Analyze data against baseline and ensure local and regional operations are complying with implemented sourcing strategies and utilizing best practices. Periodically revisit operational sites and conduct reviews of results.
- Utilize existing performance metrics and develop additional category specific metrics for monitoring, reviews with management and identifying issues and opportunities.
What We Need From You:
- Strong organizational skills (ability to use MS Office Suite with an emphasis on advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint knowledge)
- Strong Analytical skills (ability to identify cost savings and revenue opportunities across several product lines, with the ability to present a financial analysis to management in order to support your recommendation
- Strong team building skills and the proven ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid and positive professional relationships with upper management, peers and subordinates.
- Effective communication skills, including written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills ability to summarize and present transaction volume/trends to management
- Ability to work with other internal departments to achieve desired cost savings, revenue gain, or contractual commitment.
What we Offer You:
Bodybuilding.com offers its employees several benefits such as: health, dental and vision insurance; 401(k); Competitive bonuses; Gym Membership Reimbursement; Employee Discount
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.