Technical SEO Specialist
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
Always be truthful and honest in every aspect of business.
Give back to the people that you owe your success to.
Setting goals creates the roadmap to positive gains.
Great things will happen with a passion for competition.
It’s our goal to make the big idea bigger.
Our mission is not complete until the customer says “WOW!”
To help our visitors reach their health, fitness and appearance goals through information, motivation, and supplementation
Responsible for taking the lead with technical and on-site SEO work on a range of project-planning creative and workable SEO tech strategies for each project as well as, developing and communicating clear business propositions. An analytical and problem-solving aptitude and attitude will be essential in keeping up with our fast-paced work environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ability to document technical SEO requirements in written form and communicate in meetings.
- Solid enough understanding in technical SEO to discuss the positive or negative impact expected for multiple approaches for a single situation/design.
- Ability to identify and recommend solutions to technical hurdles including page elements, CMS and server related issues;
- Ability to evaluate industry and similar sites’ technical implementations to
- Manage and communicate technical SEO as a business strategy with measurable goals
- Educate development teams on best practices and the overall education of SEO;
- Think beyond tactical SEO execution to deliver high-level strategic recommendations for custom-tailored, best-in-class SEO;
- Collaborate with the non-technical SEO specialist for a cohesive, solid approach to SEO company-wide.
- Regularly monitor technical SEO aspects of the site and suggest changes accordingly
- Consistently manage the workflow and processes of technical SEO Deliverables:
- Research on possible approaches
- Wireframe reviews
- SEO page specifications
- SEO acceptance criteria (For QA testing)
- SEO regression testing scripts
- Technical SEO Audits
- Competitive analysis
- Technical SEO strategy communication
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to navigate your way through source code to identify technical SEO issues.
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to convey requirements and brainstorm solutions with front-end and back-end developers.
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to effectively convey what’s most relevant and meaningful for various audiences within the organization including the C-Suite, marketing team, finance and IT teams, in a clear and understanding way;
- Exceptional analytics, project management skills, writing and organizational skills;
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years of e-commerce technical SEO experience;
- Experience defining SEO technical solutions, working with developers, QA testing and monitoring results after launch to determine if changes are needed (and what those changes would be)
- Experience with defining requirements for situations such as: Internationalization, AB testing, etc.
- Experience writing detailed SEO specifications and acceptance criteria for QA testing
- Experience reviewing wireframes and identifying all SEO requirements for development.
- Strong experience with industry standard tools (Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Moz, ahrefs SEMrush, screamingfrog, deepcrawl, etc.);
Bodybuilding.com offers its employees several benefits such as: health, dental and vision insurance; 401(k); Competitive bonuses; Gym Membership Reimbursement; Employee Discount
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.