Director of Mobile Engineering
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
F - Fearless & Fast …We are not afraid to fail! We embrace risk and drive change with urgency.
I - Inclusive …We honor, respect and encourage diversity and differences! We celebrate wins by collaborating,
R - Results Driven …We are passionate about customers and business results! We achieve results through talent nurturing, intentional goal setting, data-driven decisions
S - Serve Communities …We give back to the communities to which we owe our success! Our customers, colleagues, partners, family, friends
T - Trust & Accountability …We empower and hold each other accountable to deliver on commitments, and trust each other’s positive intent.
To help people change their
We're looking for a Director of Mobile Engineering in our Boise HQ (but would consider our other locations) to take ownership of our mobile initiatives. This is a hands-on role that will require a split of 50% coding and 50% management. This individual will help shape the future of our mobile products across both iOS and Android. Our ideal candidate will have experience building and leading mobile engineering teams across multiple platforms, as well as
- Partner with Recruiting to drive key hiring, which includes the ability to identify and close top talent
- Be plugged into the local mobile development community and garner excitement about our products and opportunities
- Work with product management and design to define the mobile product roadmap
- Guide decisions on architecture, system design, and technical strategy, including server APIs
- Help cultivate and maintain a positive and upbeat culture that brings out the best in people
- Significant track record leading high-performing mobile engineers and teams
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality mobile applications at massive scale, on schedule
- Demonstrated ability to hire, mentor, and retain top talent
- Expert level understanding of mobile software development and architecture, with deep hands-on experience
- Inspirational leadership and entrepreneurial spirit
- Published app(s) in either the Google Play or Apple App Store
- Prior exposure to speech, natural language, AI
- Active in the developer community
- Wanting to help change lives
Bodybuilding.com offers its employees several benefits such
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.