Sr. Software Engineer *** Remote options ***
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
F - Fearless & Fast …We are not afraid to fail! We embrace risk and drive change with urgency.
I - Inclusive …We honor, respect and encourage diversity and differences! We celebrate wins by collaborating, sharing goals, supporting each other and having fun.
R - Results Driven …We are passionate about customers and business results! We achieve results through talent nurturing, intentional goal setting, data-driven decisions and execution.
S - Serve Communities …We give back to the communities to which we owe our success! Our customers, colleagues, partners, family, friends and neighbors.
T - Trust & Accountability …We empower and hold each other accountable to deliver on commitments, and trust each other’s positive intent.
To help people change their life and become their best self!
As a Sr. Software Engineer at Bodybuilding.com, you will be working in a fast-paced environment writing software that will have a direct impact on the bottom line for the company. You will be involved in the early phase of an exciting time as we migrate our applications (where appropriate) to the AWS cloud. You will be challenged to come up with creative technical solutions to complex business problems with a focus on high performance, scalability and reliability using a distributed architecture
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implement software with a focus on performance, scalability, reliability and testability to support the initiatives of the team’s Business Stakeholders as outlined in the Conditions of Satisfaction identified by the Product Manager in the User Story
- Design/Build/Maintain software applications using, Node Js, Java, and other languages as appropriate.
- Strong architecture skills to design and document new solutions
- MySQL, Amazon Databases (RDS, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, Redshift)
- Follow Agile principals and processes including (but not limited to) Daily SCRUM, Backlog Grooming, Planning, Sprints and Retrospectives
- Support production software as a member of a rotating on call schedule
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3+ years’ experience writing production software
- Experience with web application development that includes Enterprise languages (.net is a plus but not required)
- In depth experience with AWS services, EC2, ElastiCache, RedShift
- Experience working with Jenkins in a continuous integration (CI) environment
- Experience with containerized applications (Kubernetes, Docker, etc)
- Excellent understanding of Unit Testing and designing software for Testability
- Adept at transactional and read model database design and development
- Understanding and experience in an Agile SCRUM environment
- Great attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Experience designing distributed software a huge plus
- Puppet, Terraform, or other “infrastructure as code” solutions a plus
Bodybuilding.com offers its employees several benefits such as: health, dental and vision insurance; 401(k); Competitive bonuses; Gym Membership Reimbursement; Employee Discount
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.