Brand Marketing Manager, Owned Brands
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
F - Fearless & Fast …We are not afraid to fail! We embrace risk and drive change with urgency.
I - Inclusive …We honor, respect and encourage diversity and differences! We celebrate wins by collaborating, sharing goals, supporting each other and having fun.
R - Results Driven …We are passionate about customers and business results! We achieve results through talent nurturing, intentional goal setting, data-driven decisions and execution.
S - Serve Communities …We give back to the communities to which we owe our success! Our customers, colleagues, partners, family, friends and neighbors.
T - Trust & Accountability …We empower and hold each other accountable to deliver on commitments, and trust each other’s positive intent.
To help people change their life and become their best self! Job Summary:
We’re looking for a self-starter with some serious marketing chops. In the role of Brand Marketing Manager, you’ll be part of a growing team supporting the VP of Brand Marketing. You’ll wear many hats and will be responsible for the customer experience across acquisition, lifecycle and loyalty strategies. This position will be responsible for ensuring the strategic direction for our private label brands is executed and delivers topline and bottom-line results. It includes the joint development of clearly defined brand and product line strategies and the creation and flawless execution of a marketing plan that supports branded objectives. The position will be responsible for managing new products and product optimization processes. In addition, the position will identify creative and successful programs for targeted consumer marketing initiatives.
Bodybuilding.com. We are creative, innovative, and motivated to bring the best products to market for our company and our customers. As part of the marketing team specifically, you’ll be responsible for creating and executing brand and digital strategies that help us hit our revenue targets. Our job is to develop world-class brands that deploy effective performance-driven campaigns that help us drive relevant customer traffic, new customer acquisition and community-building, brand-building impact.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Partner cross-functionally to coordinate brand marketing efforts across our business partner teams.
- Bring to life our brand and product line strategies in market that support company growth initiatives, address customer and consumer needs and tie-in with overall company strategic plan.
- Effectively translate those growth initiatives into business results. Responsible for championing and securing management approval for brand strategies, plans and resources.
- Consistently deliver short and long-term personal, department and company objectives.
- Direct and implement the execution of sales and marketing programs, including trade merchandising programs, account specific opportunities, advertising and consumer promotions.
- Bridge the gap between consumer marketing team, sales, finance, resourcing, R&D, et al. Interface with all groups to support value-added team selling efforts resulting in the achievement of sales and financial objectives.
- Facilitate a more traditional brand management philosophy and structure.
- Direct/manage creative agencies, printers, contractors and other 3rd party affiliates.
- Keep abreast of consumer trends as it relates to social, on-line, omni-channel and retail behaviors, in order to develop and implement relevant and effective marketing programs, that grow the private label brands and business.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A self-starter with an energetic style and an ability to work effectively with a broad range of stakeholders, both internal and external
- Purpose-driven, with a desire and passion around fitness and health
- An innovative and creative thinker, who favors being effective vs. right
- A good listener, strong communication skills, flexible and fair
- A strong communicator with excellent presentation, verbal and written skills
- Able to think and plan strategically while executing tactically
- Able to be decisive and demonstrate good decision-making skills in a high energy, fast paced environment with minor guidance or support
- Someone with high integrity, intelligence, creativity and the ability to exercise good judgment
Education and Experience:
- 4-8 years in marketing roles in B2C companies. Preferably a minimum of 5 years of experience in a consumer-packaged goods company. Position will have provided solid consumer marketing and strategy development exposure.
- Familiarity with several channels of distribution, including retail, supercenter and club.
- Solid analytical skills and ability to translate data into fact-based decision making to support strategic planning and marketing program implementation.
- Experience developing and implementing specific marketing plans supporting growth of brand and product lines.
- Able to inter-relate and communicate effectively with executive management, peers, and customers.
- Experience or interest in management skills for future team growth.
- Ability to motivate and inspire cross functional teams to meet deadlines and achieve goals.
Bodybuilding.com offers its employees several benefits such as: health, dental and vision insurance; 401(k); Competitive bonuses; Gym Membership Reimbursement; Employee Discount
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.