Senior Tax Accountant
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
Always be truthful and honest in every aspect of
Give back to the people that you owe your success to.
Setting goals creates the roadmap to positive gains.
Great things will happen with a passion for competition.
It’s our goal to make
Our mission is not complete until the customer says “WOW!”
To help our visitors reach their health, fitness and appearance goals through information, motivation, and supplementation
The role of the Senior Tax Accountant is to help Bodybuilding.com understand, plan for, and manage the complexities of taxation, particularly in the area of sales and use tax, across multiple business lines functioning in various states and internationally. After gaining a deep understanding of tax requirements and the business model, this person will develop comprehensive solutions and help drive implementation of such solutions. This role will combine strategic thinking with practical execution in the area of tax law and regulation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Oversee U.S. sales and use tax compliance, ensuring all filing deadlines are met timely
• Manage GST/HST compliance for entities in Canada
• Manage relationships with third-party consultants and tax software providers
• Support preparation of income tax provision and drafting of related financial statement disclosures
• Reconcile tax-related accounts and other non-tax related accounts, as needed
• Advise on tax implications of contracts/agreements and business arrangements
• Manage unclaimed property compliance
• Other general accounting duties including reconciliation of non-tax accounts
• Other duties, as assigned
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Strong knowledge of U.S. state and local tax
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Able to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment
• Strong ability to manage multiple priorities and projects at one time
Preferred Education and Experience:
• 2+ years of tax experience in corporate and/or public accounting
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other finance-related field
• Experience working with tax software
Bodybuilding.com offers its employees several benefits such
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.