Promotions & Pricing Analyst
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
F - Fearless & Fast …We are not afraid to fail! We embrace risk and drive change with urgency.
I - Inclusive …We honor, respect and encourage diversity and differences! We celebrate wins by collaborating, sharing goals, supporting each other and having fun.
R - Results Driven …We are passionate about customers and business results! We achieve results through talent nurturing, intentional goal setting, data-driven decisions and execution.
S - Serve Communities …We give back to the communities to which we owe our success! Our customers, colleagues, partners, family, friends and neighbors.
T - Trust & Accountability …We empower and hold each other accountable to deliver on commitments, and trust each other’s positive intent.
To help people change their life and become their best self!
The Promotions & Price Analyst is responsible for advanced data products spanning a wide variety of cross-functional initiatives to propel data-driven decision making within Bodybuilding.com, and to change the lives of our millions of visitors.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Interpret business requirements to identify needs and approaches for data and modeling
- Construct, test, and deploy large scale machine learning and statistical models that impact customer success and drive the business
- Collaborate with the business to integrate models into products
- Design and implement end-to-end data science products
- Evaluate the performance of models, investigate false positive/false negative results, and implement continuous improvements to the ecosystem
- Constantly explore and evaluate new technologies, tools, and techniques
- Work with Data Engineers to architect data and modeling pipelines
- Present research and actionable data-driven insights to all levels of the company
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Python, R, and/or cloud-based machine learning frameworks, and knowledge of libraries/packages for data processing, statistics, and machine learning
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience extracting and manipulating large datasets
- Working knowledge of relational databases and dimensional modeling methodologies
- Experience with MPP databases (e.g. Google BigQuery, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Amazon Redshift)
- Working knowledge of data visualization and ability to turn data into actionable stories
- Ability to recognize problems and issues, and help develop and implement solutions
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and effectively meet deadlines
- Must be committed to building and managing internal and external customer relationships to support communication and progress of company objectives by providing high levels of customer service
Education and Experience:
- Masters or PhD in a quantitative discipline (e.g. computer science, statistics, mathematics, engineering, physics, economics) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in quantitative analysis
Bodybuilding.com offers its employees several benefits such as: health, dental and vision insurance; 401(k); Competitive bonuses; Gym Membership Reimbursement; Employee Discount
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.