Team Relations Manager
F - Fearless & Fast …We are not afraid to fail! We embrace risk and drive change with urgency.
I - Inclusive …We honor, respect and encourage diversity and differences! We celebrate wins by collaborating, sharing goals, supporting each other and having fun.
R - Results Driven …We are passionate about customers and business results! We achieve results through talent nurturing, intentional goal setting, data-driven decisions and execution.
S - Serve Communities …We give back to the communities to which we owe our success! Our customers, colleagues, partners, family, friends and neighbors.
T - Trust & Accountability …We empower and hold each other accountable to deliver on commitments, and trust each other’s positive intent.
To help people change their life and become their best self!
Bodybuilding.com is looking for a Team Relations expert with deep experience with employment standards, workplace investigations, Code of Conduct violations, and resolving employee/manager conflict. You are not only a hands-on operator, but also a builder who can assess, and improve our programs and practices in order to develop an exceptional employee experience. You are a self-motivated problem-solver, who is poised and straightforward with all your colleagues. You are trusting and trusted, flexible and a problem solver. You are also data driven and through a combination of intelligence, experience and information can drive systemic improvements over time.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Help to ensure a fair and consistent approach to policies and procedures, promoting a positive company culture while minimizing risks.
- Gather detailed, pertinent information by conducting fact-finding interviews and investigations, interpret the findings, prepare documentation associated with employment claims, and document & track disciplinary actions taken for team relations matters relating to but not limited to: corrective action, absence and performance management and organizational changes.
- Counsels and advises management in appropriate resolution of team relations issues. Provides reports of findings to management.
- Develop effective relationships within the company to promote good team relations across the organization.
- Collaborate with other Human Resources team members to ensure two-way communication and awareness of issues.
- Participate in, developing, recommending, and implementing team relations programs to increase employee engagement.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must possess the ability to provide both verbal and written information, clearly, succinctly, and persuasively. In essences you should be a master communicator.
- As familiar with labor laws as your favorite book.
- You must have the ability to build relationships with team members, including remote team members.
- Success working in a dynamic, diverse and fast paced environment.
- A Strong knack for analytics, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Experience advising management on Human Resources principles and practices.
- You thrive on interactions, at every level of an organization.
- Performs work in a confidential nature.
- Comfortable working in an agile environment. Things change quickly and it will be your job to help champion change in a positive manner.
- Must demonstrate an ability to operate effectively in an independent, strategically focused manner with strong interpersonal skills and judgment.
- Navigates personal interactions with excellent organizational skills and various communication strategies while keeping the customer first
- Open to travel to Bodybuilding.com’s remote locations when needed.
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in HR/Employee Relations or equivalent management/leadership experience.
- Generalist knowledge of staffing, payroll, benefits, learning and development, and other Human Resources competencies.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Bilingual, English and Spanish, strongly preferred.
Bodybuilding.com offers its employees several benefits such as: health, dental and vision insurance; 401(k); discretionary bonuses; gym membership reimbursement; employee discount.
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.