Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
Always be truthful and honest in every aspect of business.
Give back to the people that you owe your success to.
Setting goals creates the roadmap to positive gains.
Great things will happen with a passion for competition.
It’s our goal to make the big idea bigger.
Our mission is not complete until the customer says “WOW!”
To help our visitors reach their health, fitness and appearance goals through information, motivation, and supplementation
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for providing the data mining, analysis, and reporting necessary for intelligent decision making in the company. They will demonstrate working knowledge of business intelligence concepts, practices, and procedures, and will complete daily tasks following department quality and process standards while sharing their experience and providing input to other team members to plan and accomplish team goals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership on the BI team to mentor and guide other team members
- Consult on and drive the creation of data projects and design of their execution
- Perform advanced data mining, analysis, and interpretation
- Partner with the data warehouse team in gathering requirements, designing, testing, and supporting the development of data structures and the data warehouse
- Design and automate self-service reporting solutions
- Troubleshoot data mining, data integration, and data quality issues
- Work with business units to educate and improve understanding of data and analysis
- Gather and consult on project requirements from stakeholders
- Create and maintain consistency in reporting across the organization
- Document and adhere to standard analytics and reporting processes
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge and use of SQL
- Working knowledge of data warehousing, relational databases, dimensional modeling methodologies, and data mining/analysis
- Working knowledge of reporting tools, like Power BI, SSRS, and Tableau
- Working knowledge of data visualization and ability to turn data into actionable stories
- Ability to perform difficult analytical tasks without supervision
- Ability to recognize problems and issues, and help develop and implement solutions
- Ability to interface effectively with teammates and other business units
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and effectively meet deadlines
- Must be committed to building and managing internal and external customer relationships to support communication and progress of company objectives by providing high levels of customer service
- Data science, machine learning, and statistics knowledge is a plus
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in business intelligence, data analysis, or data science
- Demonstrated senior leadership
Bodybuilding.com offers its employees several benefits such as: health, dental and vision insurance; 401(k); Competitive bonuses; Gym Membership Reimbursement; Employee Discount
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.