Senior Systems Engineer
Role: Senior System Engineer
We aspire to make fitness simple, accessible and convenient to empower all people to change their lives
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will work closely with a talented and motivated problem solver to help engineer, support and optimize Bodybuilding.com’s Infrastructure. This individual must be able to logically address and step through issues by thinking outside the box, collaborating/communicating with teams to find creative solutions. This individual will be expected to provide a high level of customer service which includes working a flexible schedule that can be dictated by enterprise support issues.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the enterprise computing and storage system architecture planning, hardware/software recommendations, installation, engineering, configuration, and maintenance of enterprise virtual server environment, including VMware ESX and Cloud Resources.
- Responsible for designing and implementing technical solutions to improve the effectiveness of technical operations and achieve cost savings where possible.
- Diagnose problems and develop a stable and reliable server platform. This includes expert understanding of datacenter design principles. Have in-depth knowledge of computer hardware and various peripherals. Understand at an expert level what is going on at each level of the OSI model from the physical link to the application layer. Create operational procedures for server administration.
- Provide support on server operations to Systems Engineers, Application Administrators, Technical Support Specialists, Developers, Managers and Directors. Diagnose server hardware and software problems to develop and implement a workable solution.
- Take a proactive approach to monitoring platforms and services, identifying and predicting problems prior to them developing into emergencies and reporting recommendations to management. This would include monitoring for usage, data volumes, memory load, software conflicts and security.
- Perform and monitor backups that provide data recovery of critical data in the event of system failure or disaster. Implement a backup plan that conforms to company standards.
- Cross train with other team members to ensure redundancy of IT operations support.
- This position requires after-hours support in the event of an emergency
- Document architectural designs, standard operating and troubleshooting procedures related to hardware and software systems
Education and Experience:
- 7 or more years of recent experience in a Systems, or Network Engineering role
- Understands fundamentals of networking, including the OSI model, segmentation, routing, and common protocols and concept
- Extensive experience with Windows Server and commonly used roles (Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, IIS, RDS, etc)
- Extensive experience with Linux distributions (primarily CentOS, RedHat)
- Experience implementing and supporting cloud solutions (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Understands the setup and structure of Ansible, Puppet, or other configuration management tools including the complexities and limitations of various hierarchical strategies
- Familiar with Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL (or other similar database technologies), including database design, normalization and setup procedures
- Knows how to use revision control software in a collaborative environment, including branching, tagging, and merging
- Software development or scripting experience with multiple languages (Bash, PowerShell)
- Extensive experience with VMware implementation, configuration, and maintenance
- Experience with implementation, configuration, and maintenance of enterprise storage devices (aggregates, volumes, snapshots, protocols, etc.). NetApp experience preferred.
- Has experience performing disaster recovery activities
- Experience designing, implementing, and supporting systems to proactively monitor infrastructure health and performance. Zabbix experience preferred.
- Experience with SIP-based telephony. Avaya and Call Center experience preferred
- Experience with load-balancing technologies. F5 Networks preferred
- Extensive experience with Cisco UCS
- Experience implementing and supporting tiered e-mail protection solution
- Experience implementing and supporting single sign-on solution. Microsoft ADFS preferred
- Extensive scripting experience to automate system remediation. Powershell preferred.
Respect & Integrity …You are honest and ethical, and demand the same from others
Accountability …You demand accountability from yourself and others, you seek constructive feedback and openly provide feedback to others
Results Focused …You consistently look to add value
Continuous Improvement …You learn from successes and failures, and implement improvements based on that gained knowledge
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Who We Are: https://youtu.be/smZrTVZ2bj0
- Health Benefits: Bodybuilding.com provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family
- Financial and Savings Programs: Whether it’s flexible spending or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future
- Work Life balance and more: To make sure of work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, and access to discounts and an amazing onsite fitness center
- Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization
- Check out Careers YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5aqJSIWQHtO65LVUz3OzYA
- Stay up to date with the most current info at Bodybuilding.com HQ, follow us on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/bodybuilding-com/
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals!
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.