Senior Manager of Data Warehouse
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
F - Fearless & Fast …We are not afraid to fail! We embrace risk and drive change with urgency.
I - Inclusive …We honor, respect and encourage diversity and differences! We celebrate wins by collaborating, sharing goals, supporting each other and having fun.
R - Results Driven …We are passionate about customers and business results! We achieve results through talent nurturing, intentional goal setting, data-driven decisions and execution.
S - Serve Communities …We give back to the communities to which we owe our success! Our customers, colleagues, partners, family, friends and neighbors.
T - Trust & Accountability …We empower and hold each other accountable to deliver on commitments, and trust each other’s positive intent.
To help people change their life and become their best self!
We're looking for an experienced Senior Manager, Enterprise Data Warehouse (Architect-level) to join our team. This person will be very hands-on, at an Architect-level. They will be responsible for overseeing and supporting the current and future state of Bodybuilding.com’s reporting, analytics, data integration and data governance needs. This Senior Manager will work closely with our leadership team to develop the strategy, technical solution and implementation roadmap. They will be responsible for the ongoing and daily operational support needs of the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and Business Intelligence (BI) functions; will advocate and promote best practices across EDW, BI (reporting and analytics) and Data Governance initiatives. They will lead the projects to design and build EDW data environments that provides trusted and quality data supporting reporting, analytics, product research, information dashboards and other end-user information portals and resources.
They will also provide architecture designs to store data at every step of data warehousing and business intelligence process from the external data sources to operational systems to the analytic applications and designs central repository of detailed, historical and enterprise-wide information from various database platforms and external data sources. They will develop information management guidelines for data warehousing architecture and data integration processes/pipelines to obtain data (i.e. extract, transform, load, change data capture and data cleansing tools to support data warehouse) and must be expert in designing data warehouse models and schemas.
Furthermore, they will provide the technical foundation for deriving business value from the data warehouse assets; should facilitate the required data analysis and data reporting requirements; and should have the technical knowledge of the combination of technologies to support reporting, data distributions and analytics. They will provide a robust data warehouse infrastructure (traditional RDBMS and big data platforms) and specialized data warehouse tools to support all aspects of data development, integrations and operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the delivery of all projects, programs and tactics covering all aspects of EDW, reporting and analytics requirements.
- Lead by example, engaging hands-on in complex data challenges to come up with data solutions and projects that can derive insights from data.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, subject matter expert and senior managers to frame, structure and prioritize business problems where data insights can have big impacts.
- Strategically drives designs and implementations of data warehouse, data marts, and data stores, while ensuring high levels of data quality, availability and accessibility. Defines and implements enterprise wide data standards. Designs conceptual and logical models for the data warehouse, data mart, staging, and the operational data stores.
- Drives definition, development, and implementation of ETL principles, standards, and guidance to support business intelligence and application development needs.
- Drives development of data stores to provide central integration of a given subject such as patient, claims, benefits, etc. that feed operational systems, warehouse and other internal and external data systems.
- Uses best practice to develop data sources to provide content-specific data to business area and implement aggregations as required.
- Attract, develop and retain talent to improve team productivity, efficiency and effectiveness.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics or Data Science
- 7+ years of related data warehouse experience (including being hands-on at a Senior/Architect-level)
- 3+ years of hands managerial and project/program management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to synthesize complex issues/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts
- Excellent client engagement and management skills
- Energetic, creative, flexible and self-motivated
- Ability to handle fast-paced work flow
- Works on problems of limited to diverse scope involving task specific or cross-functional teams
Bodybuilding.com offers its employees several benefits such as: health, dental and vision insurance; 401(k); Competitive bonuses; Gym Membership Reimbursement; Employee Discount
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.