Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
Always be truthful and honest in every aspect of business.
Give back to the people that you owe your success to.
Setting goals creates the roadmap to positive gains.
Great things will happen with a passion for competition.
It’s our goal to make the big idea bigger.
Our mission is not complete until the customer says “WOW!”
To help our visitors reach their health, fitness and appearance goals through information, motivation, and supplementation
The video editor is expected to deliver projects that are on time, fit the company brand and create the highest technical and creative standard combining cutting edge edit techniques with storytelling methods.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Video Team on creative development of new projects assigned by the Executive Producer and Managing Editor
- Editing and creating video content that captures the creative scope aligned by the Creative Director
- Select and combine the most effective shots to form a clear, logical and flowing story
- Editing of both long form content driven work and short form commercial type work
- Become familiar with scripts for production concepts and editing requirements
- Clear communication with the team regarding project status and needs
- Act as a Bodybuilding.com representative while working with talent (fitness models, actors, subject matter experts, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experienced using the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically targeting Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop
- Self-motivated to complete individual and team assignments, and the concurrent ability to lead and work under the guidance of project supervisors
- Excellent attention to detail both with shooting style and translating footage through editing visual content
- Ability to stay composed and troubleshoot problems during technical issues
- Strong written, oral, and visual communication; ability to speak clearly and concisely to team members and talent
- Knowledge of fitness training and techniques is a competitive advantage
- 3+ years experience possessing excellent editing and technical skills
- Expert with Adobe Premiere Creative Cloud, as well as other post-production software
- Ability to tell compelling stories through editing
- Working knowledge of After Effects and Photoshop
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.