Associate Category Manager
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
F - Fearless & Fast …We are not afraid to fail! We embrace risk and drive change with urgency.
I - Inclusive …We honor, respect and encourage diversity and differences! We celebrate wins by collaborating, sharing goals, supporting each other and having fun.
R - Results Driven …We are passionate about customers and business results! We achieve results through talent nurturing, intentional goal setting, data-driven decisions and execution.
S - Serve Communities …We give back to the communities to which we owe our success! Our customers, colleagues, partners, family, friends and neighbors.
T - Trust & Accountability …We empower and hold each other accountable to deliver on commitments, and trust each other’s positive intent.
To help people change their life and become their best self!
The Associate Category Manager will be responsible for assisting in driving margin and revenue goals, developing critical insights and solutions, and analyzing new market and business opportunities. He or she will be responsible for assisting in developing and executing category plans (based on revenue and margin), new items selection, promotional plans, and inventory performance. This individual will work cross-functionally with merchandising, marketing, business intelligence and operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Understand customer demographics and buying behaviors within the category; plan, develop, and drive strategy around product mix, pricing, promotions, margin, revenue, and item movement
- Assist in managing and growing categories through product and vendor selection, utilizing strategic competitive analysis and customer feedback
- Develop and execute strategy around product taxonomy and categorization
- Assist with monthly data-driven category reviews to evaluate promotional effectiveness, competitive activity, and customer experience within the store
- Assist in maintaining, creating, and growing tactical relationships with vendors within the category; conduct category and vendor analysis
- Assist in effectively negotiating profit margins, discount terms, and pricing structure to increase the customer value of the category
- Work cross-functionally with appropriate teams (brand team, buyers, marketing, finance, A/P, merchandising, etc.)
- Assist in managing inventory turns and levels, perform forecasts, evaluate new item introductions, and perform SKU rationalization
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of e-commerce
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and time management skills
- Strong understanding of vendor management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to be innovative, operate autonomously and make complex decisions in situations of ambiguity and time pressure
- Must possess excellent computer skills with a proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong ability to be organized and manage multiple initiatives
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s, preferably in business, marketing, finance, or other related field
- Minimum one year experience in category manager, buyer, or similar role with an eCommerce retailer
- Direct experience in assisting complex negotiations
- Experience growing, developing, and expanding underdeveloped and new categories
- Fitness (sports nutrition, supplements, athletic apparel) related industry experience preferred
Bodybuilding.com offers its employees several benefits such as: health, dental and vision insurance; 401(k); Competitive bonuses; Gym Membership Reimbursement; Employee Discount
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.