Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
F - Fearless & Fast …We are not afraid to fail! We embrace risk and drive change with urgency.
I - Inclusive …We honor, respect and encourage diversity and differences! We celebrate wins by collaborating, sharing goals, supporting each other and having fun.
R - Results Driven …We are passionate about customers and business results! We achieve results through talent nurturing, intentional goal setting, data-driven decisions and execution.
S - Serve Communities …We give back to the communities to which we owe our success! Our customers, colleagues, partners, family, friends and neighbors.
T - Trust & Accountability …We empower and hold each other accountable to deliver on commitments, and trust each other’s positive intent.
To help people change their life and become their best self!
Bodybuilding.com is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our Commerce engineering team. The ideal candidate is passionate about engineering and will work in a highly collaborative, team environment creating next-generation components of Bodybuilding.com.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Treats fellow team members with respect and assists less experienced peers
- Provides input to less experienced peers in regard to design of features
- Assists management in scoping upcoming projects by providing realistic estimates of level of effort.
- Works with peers and the product team to help clarify conditions of satisfaction of project requirements.
- Implement software with a focus on performance, scalability, reliability and testability to support the initiatives of the team’s Business Stakeholders
- Design/Build/Maintain software applications using, Node.js, Java, and other languages as appropriate.
- Demonstrate the ability to balance technical considerations with the project’s timeline and priority
- Show expertise in all their teams projects and have a functional knowledge of the general design and features of other company systems.
- Communicate to management the risks inherent in projects and report delays in a timely manner while offering solutions to iterate into full functionality.
- Delegate work effectively by setting clear expectations for team members
- Identify technical debt and provide cost/benefit analysis for eliminating the debt
- Participate in department leadership meetings and roadmap planning.
- Facilitate code reviews and offer their own code as an example and by respectfully offering ways to improve other’s code
- Participate in the interview process for new team members.
- Follow Agile principals and processes including (but not limited to) Daily SCRUM, Backlog Grooming, Planning, Sprints and Retrospectives
- Support production software as a member of a rotating on call schedule
- Maintains the team’s build system
- Show expertise and ownership of all the teams projects
- Consistently drives features to completion, deploys them, and takes ownership of future support
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 8+ years’ experience writing production software
- Experience with Java web application development with Spring based solutions
- Expert experience with Java
- Expert experience with MySQL, MongoDB and Oracle DB, Amazon Databases (RDS, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, Redshift)
- Experience configuring Jenkins or similar continuous integration (CI) environment
- Experience creating containerized applications (Kubernetes, Docker, etc)
- Excellent understanding of Unit Testing and designing software for testability
- Understanding and experience in an Agile SCRUM environment
- Ability to lead others by providing technical expertise
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Ability to perform well with frequent context switches
- Ability to pioneer new technologies and promote those technologies with peers
- Experience implementing REST web service, experience with Hypermedia a plus.
- Experience configuring Puppet, Terraform, or other “infrastructure as code” solutions a plus
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Who We Are: https://youtu.be/smZrTVZ2bj0
- Health Benefits: Bodybuilding.com provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family.
- Financial and Savings Programs: Whether it’s flexible spending or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future.
- Work Life balance and more: To make sure of work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, and access to discounts and an amazing onsite fitness center.
- Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization.
- Check out Careers YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5aqJSIWQHtO65LVUz3OzYA
Bodybuilding.com offers its employees several benefits such as: health, dental and vision insurance; 401(k); discretionary bonuses; gym membership reimbursement; employee discount.
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.