Role: Data Analyst
Position Location: Boise, ID
Remote Options: No
We aspire to make fitness simple, accessible and convenient to empower all people to change their lives
In this role, our Data Analyst will work with cross functional partners to determine business requirements, establish priorities, define key performance indicators (KPI), and further enhance our analytics strategy. This includes working with business operations, technology support, automation deployment and software development teams to design and document business processes, dashboards, alerts, and reports. This individual will provide critical insight and deep dive analytics into areas such as operational process improvement, supply chain logistics, resource optimization, and capacity planning to deliver on strategic business requirements. A successful candidate has outstanding business acumen, a restlessness to answer “why?” questions, and are passionate about using data to drive decision making.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to support problem statements and current state measurement. Design new metrics and enhance existing metrics to support the future state of business processes and ensure sustainability.
- Deep dive into large data sets to answer key business questions using SQL, Excel, and other data manipulation languages.
- Lead deep dive discussions into operational analysis and gap reporting to identify defects, opportunities, and efficiencies across global teams. Identify, develop and execute data analyses to monitor operational performance and customer trends to uncover areas of opportunity.
- Report key insight trends, using statistical rigor to simplify and inform the larger team of noteworthy story lines.
- Maintain data integrity, perform QA Audits and diligently troubleshoot issues.
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, while automating or simplifying self-service support and access to authoritative data sets.
- Own and perform individual deep dive analyses, including communicating results and implications to business leaders.
- Generate daily, weekly, and monthly data reports for both internal and external business reviews.
- Respond with urgency to high priority requests from senior business leaders.
- Learn and understand a broad range of Bodybuilding.com’s data resources and know how, when, and which to use and which not to use.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field preferred
- 4+ years proven experience as a Data Analyst or Business Analyst.
- 4+ years of professional experience in a business analytics/intelligence role utilizing enterprise databases with large-scale, complex data sets performing data mining and deep dive analysis.
- Strong statistics and analytical skills with demonstrated proficiency in SQL and data visualization tools such as Tableau and/or MS Excel.
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts and structures - ability to understand and handle data quality issues and respond to detailed queries.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to convey key insights from complex analysis and ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical teams.
- Self-motivated and able to own workload to deliver results on self-driven deadlines.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workloads/projects in a fast-paced environment.
Respect & Integrity …You are honest and ethical, and demand the same from others
Accountability …You demand accountability from yourself and others, you seek constructive feedback and openly provide feedback to others
Results Focused …You consistently look to add value
Continuous Improvement …You learn from successes and failures, and implement improvement based on that gained knowledge
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Who We Are: https://youtu.be/smZrTVZ2bj0
- Health Benefits: Bodybuilding.com provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family
- Financial and Savings Programs: Whether it’s flexible spending or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future
- Work Life balance and more: To make sure of work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, and access to discounts and an amazing onsite fitness center
- Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization
- Check out Careers YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5aqJSIWQHtO65LVUz3OzYA
- Stay up to date with the most current info at Bodybuilding.com HQ, follow us on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/bodybuilding-com/
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals!
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.