Director of Site Merchandising and Operations
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
F - Fearless & Fast …We are not afraid to fail! We embrace risk and drive change with urgency.
I - Inclusive …We honor, respect and encourage diversity and differences! We celebrate wins by collaborating,
R - Results Driven …We are passionate about customers and business results! We achieve results through talent nurturing, intentional goal setting, data-driven decisions
S - Serve Communities …We give back to the communities to which we owe our success! Our customers, colleagues, partners, family, friends
T - Trust & Accountability …We empower and hold each other accountable to deliver on commitments, and trust each other’s positive intent.
To help people change their
Here at Bodybuilding.com we are growing rapidly on all fronts and seeking high-quality, entrepreneurial thought leaders in the product space across
The Director of Site Merchandising and Operations is responsible for managing a team to optimize the customer’s discovery and selection of products on Bodybuilding.com’s team to optimize
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Leads and supervises a team to optimize shopping experience throughout
sitefor all devices and experience.
- Create and propose
strategyto increase revenue, maximize sales opportunities.
- Support the development of new and collaborative merchandising and marketing workflow.
- Understand event business strategy, vision,
objectiveand priorities. Define requirementfor success –Establish Best in Class Execution based KPI / ROI.
- Provide governance and ensure implementation of best site experience and seamless execution: promotions, sitewide events,
- Site analysis and audit: Align data across all customer touch points and devices, Establish best practices across
competitivelandscape; Facet and browse optimization.
- Develop automation to improve event and taxonomy processes.
- Involves manual dexterity for using
keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- Develop & drive Consumer Generated Content strategy, enhancements, and reporting.
CGCstrategy that increases Ratings & Reviews coverage, increases vendor engagement, and optimizes and expands Sampling program.
- Own, define and execute Relevancy strategy and roadmap to further test
rules drivenproduct placement by area of business.
- Advance onsite personalization capabilities
- Manage, mentor and develop
teamfor future growth within the department and organization
- Thoroughly understand competitive landscape primarily focused on navigation, search, customer experience, and driving roadmap priorities to incorporate into the business
- Identify, recommend and implement strategies that improve visitor engagement and conversion
- Directs the layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods and
- BS/BA in Merchandising or Business or related field. MBA a plus
- Minimum of 8 years retail buying experience Direct experience in native app development, data science and/or artificial intelligence a plus
- Minimum of 3 years at building and managing teams
- Minimum of 3 years e-commerce and retail experience
- Detail oriented and excellent analytical, financial and strategic planning skills
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
Bodybuilding.com offers its employees several benefits such
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.