Senior Systems Engineer
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
Always be truthful and honest in every aspect of business.
Give back to the people that you owe your success to.
Setting goals creates the roadmap to positive gains.
Great things will happen with a passion for competition.
It’s our goal to make the big idea bigger.
Our mission is not complete until the customer says “WOW!”
To help our visitors reach their health, fitness and appearance goals through information, motivation, and supplementation.
Position Objectives: As a Systems Engineer, you will work closely with a talented and motivated problem solver to help engineer, support and optimize Vitalizes' Corporate Systems. This individual must be able to logically address and step through issues by thinking outside the box, collaborating/communicating with teams to find creative solutions. This individual will be expected to provide a high level of customer service which includes working a flexible schedule that can be dictated by enterprise support issues.
- 4 or more years of recent experience in a Systems, Network, or Database Engineering role
- Understands fundamentals of networking, including the OSI model, segmentation, routing, and common protocols and concept
- Extensive experience with common Windows tools including Active Directory, Exchange, Terminal Service, IIS, File, Print Services, Windows Management Framework and PowerShell
- Understands the setup and structure of Puppet, Salt Stack, or other configuration management tools including the complexities and limitations of various hierarchical strategies
- Familiar with Microsoft SQL Server or other similar database technologies, including database design, normalization and setup procedures
- Knows how to use revision control software in a collaborative environment, including branching, tagging, and merging
- Software development or scripting experience with multiple languages
- Has experience with setting up, configuring, and maintaining virtual environments (AWS, GCP, VMware, Hyper-V, etc.), from both a client and server perspective, including use of command-line/API
- Is familiar with setting up, configuring, and maintaining SAN/NAS devices (aggregates, volumes, snapshots, protocols, etc.)
- Has experience performing disaster recovery activities
- Experience with Linux and OSS a plus
Does this describe you?
- Knows how to get along with others
- Knows how to learn new things
- High degree of integrity
- Passion for excellence
- Works well with both technical and non-technical people
- Can assess and prioritize activities, based on subtle (and often conflicting) factors and concerns
- Communicates clearly and appropriately, based on the situation and using various media
- Knows how to gather information through effective interviewing and listening
- Is self-aware, including understanding areas of accomplishment and opportunities for growth and improvement
- Can fairly assess the strengths and limitations of others and adapt as necessary for success
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.