Marketing & Community Associate, Owned Brands
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
F - Fearless & Fast …We are not afraid to fail! We embrace risk and drive change with urgency.
I - Inclusive …We honor, respect and encourage diversity and differences! We celebrate wins by collaborating, sharing goals, supporting each other and having fun.
R - Results Driven …We are passionate about customers and business results! We achieve results through talent nurturing, intentional goal setting, data-driven decisions and execution.
S - Serve Communities …We give back to the communities to which we owe our success! Our customers, colleagues, partners, family, friends and neighbors.
T - Trust & Accountability …We empower and hold each other accountable to deliver on commitments, and trust each other’s positive intent.
To help people change their life and become their best self! Job Summary:
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, customer-centric self-starter who will drive the development of our communities, both on and offline, for the different private labels we develop and bring to market. You will build, develop and oversee our various networks, implement initiatives that build brand affinity and foster deep connections with individuals, specifically tailored to the interests and characteristics of each group. You will work both on and offline, and have creative autonomy to imagine the right networks, channels, events, and partnerships that will create momentum and movements within our micro communities. You’ll be responsible for stewarding our brand voice and tone across the different channels and ensuring our brand identity is clear throughout the customer experience. In addition, while you will identify creative and successful programs for targeted consumer marketing initiatives, you will create the right reports and dashboards needed to analyze the impact of our community-building efforts and develop recommendations for future community building growth initiatives.
You will be part of a team at Bodybuilding.com that creates products under a private label for Bodybuilding.com. We are creative, innovative, and motivated to bring the best products to market for our company and our customers. As part of the marketing team specifically, you’ll be responsible for creating and executing brand and digital strategies that help us hit our revenue targets. Our job is to develop world-class brands that deploy effective performance-driven campaigns that help us drive relevant customer traffic, new customer acquisition and community-building, brand-building impact.
- Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a social media calendar for various brands, across various channels
- Create insightful recommendations on which channels, and why
- Develop and manage a content calendar for social media and offline channels, like Ambassador and Influencer programs, to cross-pollinate our channels with meaningful content and promotional materials
- Maintain and ongoing deep understanding of various social platforms, emerging trends, new technologies, etc. to ensure that the Private Label brands stay innovative and relevant
- Build and manage any Ambassador teams we develop and build communication and engagement plans to help meet program goals
- Develop meaningful stories that resonate with our target audience and build plans that bring these storylines to life across channels
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A self-starter with an energetic style and an ability to work effectively with a broad range of stakeholders, both internal and external
- Purpose-driven, with a desire and passion around fitness and health
- An innovative and creative thinker, who favors being effective vs. right
- A good listener, strong communication skills, flexible and fair
- A strong communicator with excellent presentation, verbal and written skills
- Able to think and plan strategically while executing tactically
- Able to be decisive and demonstrate good decision-making skills in a high energy, fast paced environment with minor guidance or support
- Someone with high integrity, intelligence, creativity and the ability to exercise good judgment
Education and Experience:
- 1-3 years in marketing roles in B2C companies.
- Familiarity with several channels of social media or traditional offline marketing channels
- Creative, storytelling ability
- An innate problem solving mentality
- Solid analytical skills and ability to translate data into fact-based decision making to support strategic planning and marketing program implementation
- Able to inter-relate and communicate effectively with executive management, peers, and customers
Bodybuilding.com offers its employees several benefits such as: health, dental and vision insurance; 401(k); Competitive bonuses; Gym Membership Reimbursement; Employee Discount
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.