Marketing Manager, Consumer Insights - Private Brands
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
F - Fearless & Fast …We are not afraid to fail! We embrace risk and drive change with urgency.
I - Inclusive …We honor, respect and encourage diversity and differences! We celebrate wins by collaborating, sharing goals, supporting each other and having fun.
R - Results Driven …We are passionate about customers and business results! We achieve results through talent nurturing, intentional goal setting, data-driven decisions and execution.
S - Serve Communities …We give back to the communities to which we owe our success! Our customers, colleagues, partners, family, friends and neighbors.
T - Trust & Accountability …We empower and hold each other accountable to deliver on commitments, and trust each other’s positive intent.
To help people change their life and become their best self!
About the Team:
You will be part of a team at Bodybuilding.com that creates products under a private label for Bodybuilding.com. We are creative, innovative, and motivated to bring the best products to market for our company and our customers. As part of the marketing team specifically, you’ll be responsible for building the first-ever consumer insights practice within the product brand marketing team. Our job is to develop world-class brands and products that help improve the lives of our current and new customers. With deep consumer insights, a thorough competitive understanding and ongoing direct consumer touchpoints, you’ll frame insights, recommendations and communications to ensure our brand and product strategies continue to meet consumer needs.
This is a new-to-the-business role and as such, we’re looking for a self-starter who is a team player but motivated to build something from scratch. Armed with consumer marketing experience, best-in-class ideas, and an entrepreneurial spirit, you’ll build our consumer insights practice and implement the consumer feedback loop throughout the product and brand development process and ongoing management of our private brands.
As the Marketing Manager of Consumer Insights, you will provide strategic insights and council to brands and products that we develop within the private brands portfolio. You will be a strong co-partner within the product brand marketing team to identify business and brand-building opportunities, the retail marketing team to develop strategic marketing communications, the product development and innovation team to ensure that product and packaging solutions deliver on consumer needs and to optimize innovation ideas through the stage-gate process. The successful candidate will have curiosity and empathy for the consumer, a strong collaborative approach, and an orientation for action that will drive the business forward.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Be the voice of the customer; be the expert on the consumer: what are their core wants and needs, what is their buyer journey and how/when do they like to be served
- Strategize and develop new initiatives to drive consumer insights: Advisory Council, Beta Testing Group, etc.
- Provide strategic council to the Private Brands team:
- Identify and recommend key issues to be addressed by research
- Synthesize existing and new custom research, analytics, and secondary research to provide holistic analyses and viewpoints to the business
- Provide ongoing visibility and reinforcement of insights to marketing and cross-functional partners
- Represent insights-based perspective in annual business and communications planning processes
- Execute primary research to address marketing and innovation business opportunities
- Manage the design, implementation, management, and analysis of consumer and shopper insights projects
- Manage external research suppliers to assure delivery against project objectives on all aspects of the research including methodology design, execution, and reporting
- Interpret and think critically about implications arising consumer insights projects, clearly and persuasively communicating findings and recommendations
- Develop meaningful communication outlets like Quarterly Reports; Prepare and share regular reports including: 1) Industry competitive review, 2) General consumer/product trends report, 3) Other ad-hoc reports as needed
- Support all new business/sales pitches and presentations
Education and Experience:
- 4-8 years in marketing roles in B2C companies. Preferably a minimum 6 years of experience in consumer/shopper insights
- Familiarity with primary marketing research methodologies and techniques
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strategic mindset and ability to effectively communicate actionable insights
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources to develop comprehensive analyses
- High collaborative mindset to help the company take insights-inspired business action
- Unique ability to concisely summarize, analyze and report relevant findings and insights
- Superior verbal/written communication skills a must as well as convey compelling points-of-view
- Ability to motivate and inspire cross functional teams to meet deadlines and achieve goals
- A self-starter with an energetic style and an ability to work effectively with a broad range of stakeholders, both internal and external
- Purpose-driven, with a desire and passion around fitness and health
- An innovative and creative thinker, who favors being effective vs. right
- A good listener, strong communication skills, flexible and fair
- A strong communicator with excellent presentation, verbal and written skills
- Able to think and plan strategically while executing tactically
- Able to be decisive and demonstrate good decision-making skills in a high energy, fast paced environment with minor guidance or support
- Someone with high integrity, intelligence, creativity and the ability to exercise good judgment
Bodybuilding.com offers its employees several benefits such as: health, dental and vision insurance; 401(k); discretionary bonuses; gym membership reimbursement; employee discount.
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.