Sr. Network Engineer
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
F - Fearless & Fast …We are not afraid to fail! We embrace risk and drive change with urgency.
I - Inclusive …We honor, respect and encourage diversity and differences! We celebrate wins by collaborating, sharing goals, supporting each other and having fun.
R - Results Driven …We are passionate about customers and business results! We achieve results through talent nurturing, intentional goal setting, data-driven decisions and execution.
S - Serve Communities …We give back to the communities to which we owe our success! Our customers, colleagues, partners, family, friends and neighbors.
T - Trust & Accountability …We empower and hold each other accountable to deliver on commitments, and trust each other’s positive intent.
To help people change their life and become their best self!
As a Sr. Network Engineer, you will work closely with a talented and motivated infrastructure team,to support and optimize Bodybuilding.com’s Infrastructure. This individual must be able to logically address and step through issues by thinking outside the box, collaborating/communicating with teams to find creative solutions. This individual will be expected to provide a high level of customer service which includes working a flexible schedule that can be dictated by enterprise support issues
- 4 or more years of recent experience in a Network or Systems Engineering role
- Understands fundamentals of networking, including the OSI model, segmentation, routing, and common protocols and concepts
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as PowerShell, Python or Go
- Understands the setup and structure of Puppet, Salt Stack, or other configuration management tools
- Ability to perform troubleshooting of common network issues including wireless connectivity, VoIP, routing, switching
- Ability to work with vendors to identify and help select solutions for the business
- Current CCNA Route/Switch certification preferred
- Strong knowledge of Cloud architecture and security principles.
- Knowledge of VoIP systems
- Knows how to configure firewalls to define zones and policies to achieve proper filtering of traffic
- Has experience performing basic disaster recovery activities
- Experience with Linux and OSS a plus
Does this describe you?
- Knows how to get along with others
- Knows how to learn new things
- High degree of integrity
- Passion for excellence
- Works well with both technical and non-technical people
- Can assess and prioritize activities, based on subtle (and often conflicting) factors and concerns
- Communicates clearly and appropriately, based on the situation and using various media
- Knows how to gather information through effective interviewing and listening
- Is self-aware, including understanding areas of accomplishment and opportunities for growth and improvement
- Can fairly assess the strengths and limitations of others and adapt as necessary for success
Bodybuilding.com offers its employees several benefits such as: health, dental and vision insurance; 401(k); Competitive bonuses; Gym Membership Reimbursement; Employee Discount
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.