Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million active members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health and fitness goals!
F - Fearless & Fast …We are not afraid to fail! We embrace risk and drive change with urgency.
I - Inclusive …We honor, respect and encourage diversity and differences! We celebrate wins by collaborating, sharing goals, supporting each other and having fun.
R - Results Driven …We are passionate about customers and business results! We achieve results through talent nurturing, intentional goal setting, data-driven decisions and execution.
S - Serve Communities …We give back to the communities to which we owe our success! Our customers, colleagues, partners, family, friends and neighbors.
T - Trust & Accountability …We empower and hold each other accountable to deliver on commitments, and trust each other’s positive intent.
To help people change their life and become their best self!
Bodybuilding.com is looking for a talented and driven Engineering Manager to lead, develop and manage a team of expert software engineers. In this role, you will be responsible for managing, mentoring and leading a group of highly skilled software engineers working on the Bodybuilding.com online store and fulfillment system. For this role, we need a leader with a strong technical background and team management experience who can very effectively communicate with partners in other departments of Bodybuilding.com as well as within the team. In this role you will report to the Director of Commerce Engineering and have one or more teams of direct reports. Teams are composed of Software Engineers, Client Side Engineers, Automation Test Engineers and Manual QA testers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Build strong working relationships with individual contributors in order to retain talent and ensure team member success.
- Make decisions on technical implementation options presented by the engineering team
- Make judgment calls on readiness of software for deployment taking into account the risk provided by QA against the expected business impacts.
- Comfortable leading a team of smart and talented engineers, while at the same time not afraid to roll up your sleeves and work alongside your team to get the job done.
- Strategic thinker, analytical, detail and results-oriented and has excellent problem-solving skills with a strong work ethic.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
- Champion the architecture of large scale e-Commerce projects and help develop the technical direction
- Build up talent by coaching, mentoring and inspiring team members.
- Excellent communicator, building strong cross-functional relationships and excel at working across departments and easily collaborating with Business Partners, User Experience, Project Managers, Research, Engineering and Analytics teams.
- Familiar with product management responsibilities and able to provide technical requirements, when needed, to the team
- Work closely with Designers, Front End Developers, Product Managers, and QA through the development process to create the technical vision, and road map for the team.
- Thrive on the ability to take a challenging project and delivering results.
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders and company leadership to communicate engineering complexities and promote positive interactions.
- Consider testing, documentation and deployment up front and ensure all is thoroughly covered
- Work with contributors and management to establish realistic goals and ensure roadmap commitments are met.
- You'll foster a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies Bodybuilding.com’s values.
- You'll ensure your team delivers extraordinary output, and continuously seeks ways to improve process.
- You'll set direction for the team, anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful long-term planning
- Ability to quickly understand the business context of product requirements and map it into a technology solution.
- Experience reviewing design and code and providing actionable feedback and follow-up on all technical topics and solutions.
- A learning attitude to continuously improve self, team and the organization.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline, or relevant experience.
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience, including 2+ years of engineering management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to architect, build and take ownership of large, complex and high performing systems
- Ability to effectively manage day to day needs of individual contributors
- Deep knowledge of software engineering practices: unit testing, configuration management, and release management
- Experience with technologies such as Spring Boot, Mongo, AWS, Docker, or related
- Experience working in a fast paced, flexible Agile development environment
- Experience developing native mobile applications is a plus
- Broad experience with various java development frameworks is a plus
- Experience with PCI and/or SOX regulated environments is a plus
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Who We Are: https://youtu.be/smZrTVZ2bj0
- Health Benefits: Bodybuilding.com provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family.
- Financial and Savings Programs: Whether it’s flexible spending or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future.
- Work Life balance and more: To make sure of work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, and access to discounts and an amazing onsite fitness center.
- Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization.
- Check out Careers YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5aqJSIWQHtO65LVUz3OzYA
Bodybuilding.com offers its employees several benefits such as: health, dental and vision insurance; 401(k); discretionary bonuses; gym membership reimbursement; employee discount.
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.