Sr. iOS Developer
We aspire to make fitness simple, accessible and convenient to empower all people to change their lives
Bodybuilding.com is growing our Mobile Engineering team. As we tackle new complex problems with our newest app, BodyFit. BodyFit is a subscription fitness app designed to make fitness simple and accessible to all. Our goal is to continue to have a top-notch product line, so we are investing in more top-notch talent to make it happen. If you develop in iOS, and like to drive rather than sit in the back seat, this is the job for you. The team will focus on multiple applications for both iOS and Android, that span our Content, Commerce, and Community platforms. We are a fast-paced agile shop that is constantly building out new applications and features
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design and build applications for the iOS platform
- Integrate the iOS Apps with backend Cloud services
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and support continuous integration and continuous delivery using our internal frameworks
- Work with Product Owner and other team members to gather requirements, determine development strategy, and estimate project velocity.
- Work with embedded Designers, QA, and SDETs to ensure engineering deliverables meet conditions of satisfaction.
- Collaborate with fellow Engineers for engineering strategy and architecture.
- Collaborate with web development teams to make sure enterprise service development properly supports our mobile strategy
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years professional iOS development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other Engineering disciplines and/or strong software programming skills
- Familiar with the whole software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and - execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs and how to connect iOS applications to back-end services using asynchronous network calls
- Experience working with automated testing on the iOS platform
Respect & Integrity …You are honest and ethical, and demand the same from others
Accountability …You demand accountability from yourself and others; you seek constructive feedback and openly provide feedback to others
Results Focused …You consistently look to add value
Continuous Improvement …You learn from successes and failures, and impalement improvement based on those learnings
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Who We Are: https://youtu.be/smZrTVZ2bj0
- Health Benefits: Bodybuilding.com provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family
- Financial and Savings Programs: Whether it’s flexible spending or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future
- Work-Life balance and more: To ensure work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, access to discounts and an amazing onsite fitness center
- Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization
- Check out Careers YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5aqJSIWQHtO65LVUz3OzYA
- Stay up to date with the most current info at Bodybuilding.com HQ; follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bodybuilding-com/
Bodybuilding.com is the world’s largest online sports nutrition retailer, offering its visitors over 12,000 products, over 25,000 articles, 9,000 plus videos and a robust social network with over 1.5 million members all designed to help our visitors achieve their health, fitness and appearance goals! Employees have ranked us as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for 4 straight years!
Bodybuilding.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.