Assistant Store Manager
WE’RE FUN! WE’RE FAST! WE’RE CASUAL!
Bob's Stores is a Northeast retailer of branded apparel and footwear and is synonymous with terrific brands, great value and great service. With 30 locations in numerous states, our agenda is loaded with great stuff to excite both our customers and our associates. Enjoy working with a diverse team where exceptional efforts are recognized and rewarded in a job that is fun, fast and casual? Then apply now! As the Assistant Store Manager you will assume a blended leadership role of both visual merchandising and operations while leading the team to accomplish strategic business objectives and overall sales goals. In this role, the successful Assistant Store Manager will be an effective communicator with a motivational and persuasive personality, and thrive in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment. Having previous experience as a General Manager in specialty retail or as an Assistant Manager for a large retailer will allow an easy transition into understanding all aspects of the business to ensure that focus remains on key business initiatives, store presentation, marketing execution and daily operational cost controls. Developmental success in this role could lead into a Store Manager position. Responsibilities:
- Be a dynamic leader with obvious presence.
- Promote and sustain Bob’s Stores Culture by embracing and holding all Associates accountable for BOB’S operating principle of “The Customer is Why”
- Lead by example and provide excellent customer service, holding all Managers and Supervisors accountable for ensuring current customer service standards are executed. Drive service standards through current company sponsored programs.
- Partner with the Store Manager in overseeing the visual aspects of the store; special emphasis on merchandising presentation, space allocation, sale promotions and floor sets; set and maintain store standards
- Manage expense control awareness, planning and execution to meet store budgets; monitor and control monthly store expenses to maximize profitability
- Actively participate in store scheduling to ensure monthly payroll budgets are met
- Analyze business trends using all available tools. Ensure efforts are directed towards Customer service, driving sales and profitability, including supporting all company sponsored business-driving initiatives
- Actively participate in the recruitment, interviewing and hiring of all candidates for employment
- Ensure the learning and development of all Sales Managers and Supervisors, as well as assist in the development of all associates.
- Assist the Front-End operation, including providing direct support to the Customer Service Supervisor in all front-end processes.
- Ensure all areas of the selling floor, stock room, and office area are maintained; oversee the shipping/receiving processes
- Understand, embrace and execute all company directives, including all current company policy and procedures.
- Maintain an appropriate and effective level of communication; coach subordinates to do the same.Skills and Requirements:
- This is a full-time role with the ability to work extended hours during peak selling periods. A varied schedule will require nights, weekends and holidays, with some overnight shifts. Flexible availability required.
- 2-3 years of supervisory/management experience required
- College degree preferred, yet not required
- Strong visual merchandising experience, preferably in softlines
- Skilled communicator (in person, via telephone and e-mail). Read, and interpret information received via mail, and electronic communications.
- Ability to suggestively sell and be persuasive; coach/reinforce sales techniques with team
- Problem solving and decision making skills (reading, writing, analysis, prioritizing, delegating, listening, speaking, etc.)
- Accustom to analyzing business and managing a labor budget
- Experience working with apparel and footwear preferredNOTE: Managers must have the ability to work 45+ hours per week, and 10-11 hours/day, 6 days a week during holiday and peak selling periods.
- Bob's Stores, a member of the SDI USA, LLC family also operating Eastern Mountain Sports, is an equal opportunity employer offering dynamic career opportunities and generous employee discounts.