Apparel Department Manager
WE’RE FUN! WE’RE FAST! WE’RE CASUAL!
As a Department Manager, you'll oversee the Apparel Department and be responsible for the effective management of staff while maximizing profitability through excellent customer service. You'll organize, plan and implement floor sets for sales and promotions, maintain standards and oversee the visual aspects of the department. This is the second level of store management and includes opening and closing the store, cashiering and working the front-end to address customer concerns, and acting as the manager on duty. You'll lead by example while enabling a knowledgeable and friendly sales staff to achieve overall sales and operational goals while also coaching, training and developing your staff in order to prepare them for promotional opportunities that arise. Operational success in this position could lead into an Assistant Manager role.
- Promote and sustain Bob’s Stores Culture by embracing and holding all Associates accountable for BOB'S operating principle of “
- Lead by example, by providing excellent customer service, holding all Supervisors and Associates accountable for ensuring current Customer service standards are executed.
- Exhibit a strong sense of urgency around providing all customers with a superior shopping experience.
- Maintain a dynamic merchandising strategy with an emphasis on merchandising presentation, space allocation, sale promotions and floor sets. Oversee visual aspect of store. Guide and direct Supervisors and Associates where appropriate.
- Maintain a neat, orderly sales floor, stock room and office area.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of floor sets for sales promotions.
- Support the front end, cashiering when necessary.
- Assist Store Manager with expense control awareness, including planning and execution to maintain store budgets and ensure profitability.
- Take on additional responsibility as dictated by business.
Skills and Requirements:
This is a full-time, salaried-level role with additional hours as necessary. A varied schedule will require nights, weekends and holidays, with some overnight shifts. Flexible availability required.
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience in a retail environment
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to suggestively sell and be persuasive
- Strong visual merchandising skills
- Proven team leadership skills
- Experience working with lifestyle and athletic apparel preferred
- Understanding of basic retail math; ability to handle cash accurately
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- Bilingual a plus
NOTE: Managers must have the ability to work 45+ hours per week, and 10-11 hours/day, 6 days a week during holiday and peak selling periods.
Bob's Stores, a member of the SDI USA, LLC family also operating Eastern Mountain Sports, is an equal opportunity employer offering dynamic career opportunities and generous employee discounts.