Inventory Control Supervisor- (Entry Level)
WE'RE FUN! WE'RE FAST! WE'RE CASUAL!
Bob's Stores is now Hiring an Inventory Control Supervisor for our Avon, CT location.
This is a great entry level opportunity with potential career growth. Apply Now! See Company & Job Details Below.
Bob's Stores is a Northeast retailer of branded apparel and footwear and is synonymous with terrific brands, great value and great service. With 25 locations in numerous states, our agenda is loaded with great stuff to excite both our customers and our associates. Enjoy working with a diverse team where exceptional efforts are recognized and rewarded in a job that is fun, fast and casual? Then apply now!
An Inventory Control Supervisor, is a first level management role. Inventory Control Supervisors are fully responsible for executing all operational tasks and efforts within their store while also delivering consistent, positive Customer experiences to profitably grow top line sales.
Like Department Managers (Second Level) – our ICS must focus on both the details of retail management and the results of retail management. They seek to strengthen and inspire customers’ and associates’ relationship and connection with Bob’s Stores and their department.
Depending on personal goals and capability, this position may either be a long-term position or a significant step on the development track leading to a Department Manager position. In either case, the ICS must master and practice all the elements of successful retail management.
- Lead, plan, and drive operational execution within your store through effective completion of operational tasks including but not limited to:
- Tunneling - Transferring of merchandise to support Web Fulfillment.
- Markdown Process - Identifying, scanning, sizing, organizing and signing of markdown merchandise along with weekly price adjustments that are taken.
- Truck Processing - Sorting, hanging, folding, and attaching security tags to in coming merchandise in support of our "Door to Floor" in 24 hour new merchandise standard.
- Inventory Management/Physical Inventory - Ensure in coming merchandise, transfers/tunneling is accurately received into our Aptos Inventory System, and that all discrepancies are thoroughly investigated in support of our physical inventory process.
- Operational Integrity/Total Store Excellence Audit - Support the companies Audit Program by working with Department Managers to ensure the audit standards and expectations are being maintained on a on going basis.
Promote and sustain Bob’s Stores Culture by embracing and holding all Associates accountable for BOB'S operating principle of “The Customer is Why”
Lead by example, by providing excellent customer service, holding all Associates accountable for ensuring current Customer service standards are executed.
Exhibit a strong sense of urgency around providing all customers with a superior shopping experience.
Support a dynamic merchandising strategy by helping department managers with promotion set ups and floor sets as needed.
Maintain a neat, orderly sales floor, stock room and office area..
- Support the front end, cashiering when necessary.
Assist management with expense control awareness in support of store profitability.
Take on additional responsibility as dictated by business.
Skills and Requirements:
This is a full-time, salaried-level role with additional hours as necessary. A varied schedule will require nights, weekends and holidays, with some overnight shifts. Flexible availability required.
1-2 years of supervisory experience in a retail environment
Excellent customer service and interpersonal/communication skills
- Prior experience in anInventory Control position preferred
General knowledge of visual merchandising/sale set up
Proven team leadership skills
Experience working with lifestyle and athletic apparel preferred
- Understanding of basic retail math; ability to handle cash accurately
High school diploma/GED preferred
- Bilingual a plus
Bob's Stores, a member of the SDI USA, LLC family also operating Eastern Mountain Sports, is an equal opportunity employer offering dynamic career opportunities and generous employee discounts.