Senior Software Engineer - API
Verizon recently acquired BlueJeans and plans to integrate BlueJeans employees into Verizon, including its compensation and benefits programs, in due course. This position will be part of that planned integration.
The ideal candidate will ..
- have experience designing and building large distributed system.
- be proficient in at-least one server side coding preferably Java/JEE
- have an in-depth understanding of database technologies (SQL and NoSQL) as well as API cache design and caching technologies.
- have experience building RESTful APIs and have good knowledge of RESTful design patterns.
- be able to communicate and work well within a geographically distributed team
We usually look for ..
- 4+ years of coding experience in server side technology
- 4+ years of hands-on coding experience in Java and related build/deployment tools
- Experience in one or more of Kafka, ZK, RabbitMQ, Redis, Couchbase, MongoDB and MySQL
- Experience with multiple hosted services such as Aurora/RDS, DynamoDB, Kinesis etc
- Experience building scalable web services with RESTful APIs
- Good knowledge of at-least one database technology
- BE/B.Tech in Computer Science or related field
You get bonus points for ..
- Experience in realtime analytics/stats product
- Knowledge of infrastructure services such as zookeeper and caching products such as couchbase
- Experience in scaling large high transaction volume web services
. Contributions to open source projects
Why BlueJeans is THE PLACE to be?
At BlueJeans, we’re transforming the way people meet by creating a human connection in every experience. Together, we’re bringing video to everyone, regardless of location or device, including mobile, desktop, or room systems.
We have a fun and collaborative work culture! For three years running, BlueJeans was voted in the Top 20 - Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We have over 5000 customers including Facebook, Stanford University, Netflix, Ford, UC Berkeley and JP Morgan Chase. We have raised $175M from top venture capitalists: Accel, NEA, Norwest and Battery. Our team is composed of rock stars from a blend of industries: broadband networks, video, media and SaaS. BlueJeans is an equal opportunity Employer.
Learn more about us at www.bluejeans.com
Follow us @Bluejeansnet