Accounts Payable Specialist
At Blue Nile, we believe that love deserves better. We are passionately driven to reimagine the fine jewelry experiences and disrupt the jewelry industry. From engagements to anniversaries, from welcoming a new child to the family to celebrating a promotion, from holidays to birthdays, at Blue Nile we celebrate all stories of love.
We bring a modern approach to life’s most important traditions because our customers deserve better. They deserve an exceptional experience. One that leaves them feeling happy and confident that they’ve found the perfect piece for their love.
We live by our values – As One Team we work together to win. We are Customer Obsessed, passionately and transparently helping our customers to find their perfect piece. We act with Speed and Quality with attention to every detail and are Driven to Disrupt; our curiosity, creativity and willingness to test and learn drives our business.
Blue Nile is looking for a passionate and talented Accounts Payable Specialist who will perform accounts payable activities including reviewing, processing and timely payment of invoices. This position will positively represent Blue Nile to external vendors and provide prompt service to internal customers. The ideal candidate needs to be detail oriented and focused on completing work with accuracy.
- Process check and electronic wire payments, ensuring accuracy, completeness, proper coding, and timeliness
- Oversee invoice approval workflow
- Partner with Merchandising team in resolving vendor issues
- Investigate and resolve AP exceptions utilizing system reports
- Create vendor payment files
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiencies in payables processing via automation and/or streamlining processes
- Provide back-up to other members of the AP team
- Perform AP responsibilities associated with month-end close process
- Ensure the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls over areas of responsibility
- Prepare and compile audit documentation as requested by AP Supervisor and Manager
- Other projects and initiatives as needed
- 1+ years of accounts payable experience required
- Experience with Oracle or similar ERP system
- Ability to perform coding and processing of high volume accounts payable data with accuracy and in the established time frame
- Ability to research and resolve complex payables issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service to internal customers and external vendors
- Ability to multitask while maintaining accuracy and professionalism
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Business Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus