At Blue Nile, we believe that love deserves better. We are passionately driven to reimagine the fine jewelry experiences and disrupt the jewelry industry. From engagements to anniversaries, from welcoming a new child to the family to celebrating a promotion, from holidays to birthdays, at Blue Nile we celebrate all stories of love.
We bring a modern approach to life’s most important traditions because our customers deserve better. They deserve an exceptional experience. One that leaves them feeling happy and confident that they’ve found the perfect piece for their love.
We live by our values – As One Team we work together to win. We are Customer Obsessed, passionately and transparently helping our customers to find their perfect piece. We act with Speed and Quality with attention to every detail and are Driven to Disrupt; our curiosity, creativity and willingness to test and learn drives our business.
The Benefits Administrator is responsible for administering the daily operations and compliance of our group benefits programs (medical, dental, vision, STD & LTD, Life AD&D, 401(k), etc.). This position provides a high touch employee experience, maintains the highest compliance standards, and is passionate about analyzing and improving existing programs and systems.
- Analyze benefits offerings, evaluating the use, services, coverage and plan experience; examining possible plan design and benefit cost changes.
- Provide timely and accurate support to employees and managers and create appropriate tools to aid in efficient decision making.
- Perform plan audits including all medical, dental, ancillary and 401k plans.
- Evaluate and revise internal processes to improve employee experience, increase efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations; ensuring timeliness and accuracy of all required reporting and notifications.
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators.
- Design, distribute and deliver materials for benefits orientations and open enrollment
- Designs and prepares reports and graphics to provide insight into benefit costs, trends, and comparisons with similar companies.
- Provide internal customer support for all benefits and enrollment questions.
- Audit, reconcile and process weekly and monthly invoicing.
- Stay informed of changing benefits laws and provide recommendations on next actions.
- May assist the Sr Manager, Total Rewards with compensation surveys; job description management, and other compensation related programs.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with a minimum of 5 years in human resources.
- 3+ years experience benefit plan administration including medical, dental and retirement programs.
- 1+ years experience in an analyst or similar capacity, managing compensation programs and systems.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs.
- Experience in analyzing benefit & compensation performance metrics
- Meticulous attention to detail with a strong sense of ownership.
- Capable of balancing multiple complex projects while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to maintain positive, effective, and collaborative working relationships.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (verbal and written).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and advanced skills in Excel.
- SHRM-CP, PHR, CBP, or CEBS professional designations preferred.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Business Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus