Blue Nile's customers come to us for some of the most important moments of their lives. They count on us to provide them with the most premium jewelry and customer experience in the industry. Because of this, engineering at Blue Nile is not your average coding gig. We obsess our customer's digital journey from start to finish, ensuring an incredible and premium experience every step of the way. The engineers at Blue Nile solve some of the most challenging and complicated retail customer challenges in the industry -- everything we sell is inherently unique and a one-of-a-kind product. Helping our customers discover a diamond or beautiful piece of jewelry that speaks to them and the celebration it represents is an incredibly meaningful mission for our engineering teams.
Day to day, Blue Nile engineering culture is a learning culture. We fail fast, learn from our failures, and push ourselves to continuously improve. We seek many voices and perspectives to learn from each other and engineer the best possible solutions. We obsess over measurement, data, security, and automation to allow us to focus our creativity where it counts -- the customer experience. If you're up for uniquely meaningful engineering challenges, we'd love to add your voice to the team!
Blue Nile is seeking a Principal Engineer to be a leader in our engineering team and drive the evolution of our technology strategy for both internal and external customers.
We are seeking a leader who is passionate about premium customer experiences and the technologies that power them. This person will work closely with other technology leaders, UX, product, and marketing to deliver an industry-leading experience while driving advances in our technology stack across all dimensions. You will mentor other developers to help grow their engineering skills and lead design reviews to ensure that best practices are maintained. Excellent communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills are required; a strong sense of ownership is also critical. Your work will have executive level visibility and directly impact our bottom line.
- Collaborate with other Principal Engineers across the organization to help set and drive engineering and architecture standards for our applications
- Own and collaborate on our system observability strategy
- Own and collaborate on our migration to AWS Cloud Native architecture
- Provide engineering leadership and mentoring, evaluating and introducing new technologies and techniques into our practice
- Create solid technical designs and implementations of new features and next generation software systems
- Own and collaborate on our automation strategies (deployment, quality and security)
- Openness and enthusiasm for groundbreaking and disruptive technologies; developing prototypes when necessary
- Solid computer science data structures and algorithms understanding and experience
- Strong analysis, design, development, and leadership skills
- Strong communication skills; you will be working with a variety of business leaders throughout the company
- Proven track record delivering high quality features to production
- Experience with common e-commerce design patterns and frameworks
- Experience working with an Agile SCRUM methodology
- 6+ years of experience with cloud native technologies
- 4+ years of Experience providing technical leadership to junior developers.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Business Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus