Director, Diamond Merchandising and Supply Chain
At Blue Nile, we believe that love deserves better. We are passionately driven to reimagine the fine jewelry experiences and disrupt the jewelry industry. From engagements to anniversaries, from welcoming a new child to the family to celebrating a promotion, from holidays to birthdays, at Blue Nile we celebrate all stories of love.
We bring a modern approach to life’s most important traditions because our customers deserve better. They deserve an exceptional experience. One that leaves them feeling happy and confident that they’ve found the perfect piece for their love.
We live by our values – As One Team we work together to win. We are Customer Obsessed, passionately and transparently helping our customers to find their perfect piece. We act with Speed and Quality with attention to every detail and are Driven to Disrupt; our curiosity, creativity and willingness to test and learn drives our business.
The Director, Diamond Merchandising and Supply Chain is responsible for developing and driving sourcing strategies for the diamond category that enable the company to capture greater category market share, maintain competitive pricing and industry leading quality consistent with the Blue Nile aesthetic and style. He/she builds and maintains strong vendor relationships, aggressively negotiates costs, supports optimal inventory levels and ensures on time delivery.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop and drive and strategy for the diamond category:
- Manage, innovate and monitor Blue Nile’s diamond supply and grow the category
- Identify strategic growth opportunities in a dynamic growing business
- Manage and monitor Blue Nile’s existing vendor base and identify potential new partnerships supporting company initiatives.
Support and build a high-performing team:
- Successfully lead, develop and mentor a team of multiple direct reports to achieve performance goals.
- Define organizational structure to support continued category growth
Drive organizational, product, and process improvements across the entire team:
- Strategize and collaborate to understand existing processes creating challenges and bottlenecks and develop new sustainable and concise programs and processes to address
- Train the team and cross functional partners on the programs and processes
Manages the day to day supply chain execution and vendor management:
- Manage the global procurement of diamonds for the marketplace as well as Blue Nile owned diamonds
- Support merchandising revenue, margin, and inventory plans
- Partner with suppliers to understand current and evolving business trends in the diamond market and how they may impact Blue Nile
- Identify opportunities for new partnerships to increase supply in key areas of need and growth
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- 10+ years’ experience in merchandising, buying, planning
- 5+ with management experience
- Exceptional Excel skills required, including the ability to manipulate large sets of data
- Robust understanding of pricing strategy, previous Retail Pricing experience preferred
- Strong business acumen; ability to see the big picture and the ability to understand and solve for strategic objectives
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving/decision making skills; ability to make timely effective, fact based decisions
- Travel - Up to 15%
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Business Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus