Sr. Analyst, Accounting Merchandising
Blue Nile is a leading online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our standards are amongst the highest of all jewelers. We provide a superior customer experience, extraordinary value and industry leading product quality and style. We obsess about our customers and are passionate about providing each customer with an amazing experience.
We embrace a culture of adaptability. Our team is nimble, innovative, and resourceful - making an impact on both the business and each individual customer’s personal experience. We value hard work, flexibility, and collaboration to creatively solve problems and constantly improve and implement meaningful changes. Our team celebrates achievements and is inspired by success. We offer employees the chance to get e-commerce, inventory/manufacturing, and traditional retail (through our showrooms/stores) finance experience.
Blue Nile is looking for an experienced accountant/analyst to work with various internal partners to optimize our vendor relationships. This person will interact with our suppliers as well as our internal merchandising department and fulfillment centers to solve problems and create solutions. An ideal candidate should have a solid background in accounting/finance and have had exposure to supply chain processes before. The position requires excellent communication skills, organizational skills, and a passion for building and developing processes. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to help the company re-invent itself, implement change, drive efficiencies, and make a difference in their role. This role is likely to evolve as the company continues to grow.
- Partner with suppliers, internal merchandising team, and fulfillment center to troubleshoot issues surrounding payments, reconciliations, returns, etc.
- Prepare/communicate custom vendor payments schedules/plans, vendor analysis, KPIs, etc.
- Collaborate with suppliers, internal merchandising team, and fulfillment center to improve and optimize processes
- Collaborate with colleagues from merchandising and fulfillment center to make Blue Nile’s supply chain processes world class
- Month-end close procedures: independent preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of accounts, and preparation of internal analyses and reports as required
- Serve as a backup for assorted accounting responsibilities as required
- Preparation of requested audit documentation and analyses as requiredOther projects and initiatives as needed
- BA or BS Accounting, or Finance degree with very closely aligned work experience
- CPA preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in finance/accounting
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong excel skills required, and understanding of Oracle EBS (particularly inventory/AP) a plus
- Proven ability to work in a team environment with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and ability to adapt to change
- Team player with a willingness to learn and help
- Positive attitude, displays leadership and enthusiasm
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Business Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount