Paid Search Manager, International
Blue Nile is looking for a rock star marketing leader to join our international team. In this role, you would be responsible for managing the largest traffic driver for the international business.
Blue Nile operates in over 40 countries. We are looking to develop our international strategy, uncover opportunities, execute flawlessly and turn the international business into a growth engine for Blue Nile. Blue Nile is looking for an International Paid Search Manager – focused on Paid Search to drive profitable growth in the international business. This position requires a strong online paid search background, data driven and analytical thinking, excellent communication and cross-team collaboration skills.
This is a key role in one of the 5 core strategic growth pillars for the company. To thrive in this role, you have a passion for data and are curious to go granular and solve problems. You are driven by continuously optimizing to drive growth. You can evaluate details at the campaign level but also bubble up to look holistically across channels. You celebrate success when your efforts drive YoY revenue and ROI growth for the paid search channel across several countries!
What you will do:
- Lead the end-to-end development and implementation of our Paid Search strategy internationally
- Develop strategy and drive execution of paid search programs in partnership with the digital marketing team and our international marketing manager, to drive growth internationally with the right level of local customizations and optimization for the individual markets
- Stay on top of industry changes, algorithm updates and their impacts to our customers
- Drive improvement in day to day marketing automation/operations
- Implement bid strategies, effectively manage budgets, test ad copy and landing pages; Refine, organize and optimize existing Blue Nile campaigns
- Own metrics and reporting, including the use of statistical approaches to analyze, track and communicate results
- Develop, maintain and grow strong relationships with relevant partners (internal and external) through leading development plans, campaign strategy, promotional campaigns, data strategy, reporting, and always-on performance management
- Deliver regular reporting that provides insight on cost efficiency of paid search investment for stakeholders across the business
- Work cross-functionally with internal product & analytics teams to streamline reporting, campaign operations & data feeds.
- Work with existing and future external partners (Bing, Google, etc.) to explore and execute on opportunities
- Identify and implement frequent tests to find optimal ways to balance portfolio and International digital ad mix to improve profitability as well as to find innovative ways to grow programs
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related quantitative fields (Economics, Math, Statistics, or Engineering)
- 4+ years of work experience with demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility; a track record of successfully leading and driving business decisions with data & analysis required.
- Proficient in paid search platforms such as AdWords, Google Analytics, Tag Management Solutions, etc.
- Previous experience of working with RTB, performance marketing (search, display, social, etc.) and therefore comfortable with undertaking granular analysis and challenging convention
- A proven ability to maintain a balance between innovation and execution. Must be able to think outside the box while also staying realistic about what is possible given the constraints of time, money and organizational will
- Data sleuth - SQL experience strongly preferred (e.g., data source identification, feasibility of joins, determines data reasonableness based on business insight). Extremely comfortable with data driven business management and related tools/technology (Python, Hadoop, Tableau, etc.)
- Entrepreneurial spirit - we have a team full of passionate and skilled individuals who like tackling challenges
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and time management skills
- Ability to collaborate at all levels, including crisp and compelling verbal and written executive communication; able to formulate and articulate strategic goals
- Experience with Test and Learn approach to drive channel performance
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and to deliver quality results
- International experience preferred, experience in European markets is a bonus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Business Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus