Quality Assurance Inspector I
Blue Nile is looking for a passionate and talented Gemstone Inspector to join our Quality Assurance team tasked with inspecting incoming and outgoing diamond and jewelry gemstone products. This role presents an outstanding opportunity to work hands-on with our product and learn about the quality control process of a successful and growing online retailer.
- Inspect incoming jewelry receipts, loose diamonds and customized build-your-own product against company quality assurance standards
- Work close with the QA leadership and our Merchandise Team to review and process customer orders and receipts quickly and efficiently
- Ensure all products meet Blue Nile’s industry leading quality standards
- Perform light appraisal work
- Reconcile and accept product into inventory system
- Inspect and problem-solve customer returns and defective product
- Communicate findings to quality manager, vendor, buying team and diamond and jewelry consultants as appropriate
- Contribute to Blue Nile’s industry leading accuracy and on-time shipping performance
Education & Experience:
- GIA Graduate Diamond Diploma required
- GIA Graduate Gemologist Diploma preferred
- Quality control experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Results oriented with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Exceptional attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Must possess strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to use magnifying devices such as microscopes, etc.
The hourly pay range for this job is $16.46 - $23.86. Base pay offered may vary depending on geographic region, internal equity, job- related knowledge, skills & experience, among other factors. Regular positions are eligible for discretionary bonus. Blue Nile offers medical, vision, dental coverage and 401(k) employer match amongst other benefits for eligible positions.