Blue Nile is a leading online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our standards are amongst the highest of all jewelers. We provide a superior customer experience, extraordinary value and industry leading product quality and style. We obsess about our customers and are passionate about providing each customer with an amazing experience.
We embrace a culture of adaptability. Our team is nimble, innovative, and resourceful - making an impact on both the business and each individual customer’s personal experience. We value hard work, flexibility, and collaboration to creatively solve problems and constantly improve and implement meaningful changes. Our team celebrates achievements and is inspired by success. We offer employees the chance to get e-commerce, inventory/manufacturing, and traditional retail (through our showrooms/stores) finance experience.
Blue Nile is looking for a passionate and talented Payroll Manager to be a key contributor to our Finance organization. This role reports to the Controller. The position has an emphasis on payroll, employee benefits, and equity compensation duties. The role includes the processing of domestic and international payroll, accounting for salaries and benefits expense, and accounting for equity-based compensation. This position will also support other ad hoc projects. We’re looking for a candidate who is highly detail-oriented, has the ability to process large volumes of data, is a self-starter who possesses exceptional organization and communication skills, and has a passion for our business.
- Compile, analyze, prepare, and input payroll related information into payroll system for domestic and international employees, ensuring accurate and timely processing.
- Month-end close procedures, including: preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of assigned general ledger accounts, and preparation of internal analyses and reports. Includes payroll, benefits, taxes, and stock based compensation.
- Assist in preparing support/schedules for financial statement audits and reviews.
- Compile and review payroll-related information for year-end reporting (W2, 401(K) contributions, taxes, etc.)
- Resolve problems and respond to inquiries related to payroll earnings, deductions and tax withholding.
- Ability to manage/lead a small team
- Assist in managing the 401(k) and workers compensation audits.
- Research tax issues and prepares tax filings for workers’ compensation and any special information requested for external parties/auditors.
- Serve as a liaison between employees and our domestic and international payroll providers.
- Monitor regulatory and legislative changes, on both the state and federal level that impacts payroll. Propose and implement changes to systems and processes when needed.
- Serve as the payroll project owner with the Ceridian Dayforce implementation.
- Serve as the owner of the payroll processing module, with a focus on accuracy, timeliness, and payroll team support.
- 5 years of payroll experience required, including payroll processing, accounting, and year-end reporting (W2, taxes, etc). Additional non-payroll accounting experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or relevant coursework, strongly preferred.
- Strong Excel skills required, and understanding/experience with Oracle EBS a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and process high volumes of data within established time frame
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally across all departments and functionalities within the organization
- Ability to research and resolve complex payroll and employee benefits issues
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Business Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus