Blue Nile is the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our standards are among the highest of all jewelers. We provide a superior customer experience, extraordinary value and industry leading product quality and style. We obsess about our customers and are passionate about providing each customer with an amazing experience.
Inside of Blue Nile, we are working to push the envelope in terms of using data to drive business decisions across our Merchandising, Marketing, Pricing and other functions. There are tons of insights to be found in our ~20 years of data, just waiting to be put into practice.
The central Analytics Team at Blue Nile has a mission to tackle and answer really, really hard analytical and strategic questions, for example: What is our price elasticity, and how should we think about pricing diamonds? Given the traffic and spend over the past few weeks, what should next week’s revenue be? What impact did marketing have last week? How successful has our promotional program been, and how should we change it?
The Business Analyst will report to the Director of Analytics. You will provide best-in-class service to our internal customers, and help translate business questions into hypotheses, into analyses, into insights, into recommendations, into results and measurement. You hopefully enjoy digging around in data, learning new statistical analysis techniques, and presenting your work in a clear way.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field (computer science, economics, statistics, applied math, etc.);
- 2+ years post-graduate full time experience in an analytically based function (e.g. quantitative marketing, analytics)
- Strategic mindset with the ability to think broadly, refine questions and develop analytical frameworks that drive to key insights and business recommendations
- Strong sense of pragmatism and business judgment to ensure insights and recommendations lead to execution, action and impact
- Experience with SQL and business intelligence tools (Tableau preferred) is required
- Experience with data storage, tools and technologies is required
- Strong data presentation, visualization and communication skills
- Familiarity with statistical programming languages and packages (SAS, SPSS, R, Python)
- Effective at communicating insights from data analysis and influencing change
- Strong attention to detail, along with organization and time management skills
- Self-starter who desires to discover trends and find actionable information
What we offer:
- Competitive Salaries
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Business Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount