Senior Financial Analyst
Blue Nile is the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our standards are amongst the highest of all jewelers. We provide a superior customer experience, extraordinary value and industry leading product quality and style. We obsess about our customers and are passionate about providing each customer with an amazing experience.
We embrace a culture of adaptability. Our team is nimble, innovative and resourceful and makes an impact on both the business and each individual customer’s personal experience. We value hard-work, flexibility and curiosity and collaborate to creatively solve problems, constantly improve and implement meaningful changes. Our team celebrates achievements and is inspired by success.
Blue Nile is looking for a passionate, highly quantitative, and talented Senior Financial Analyst. This position will be integral in helping to identify, quantify, lead, and validate operating and strategic initiatives that contribute to the overall financial position of the organization. The position will directly support the Senior Finance Manager with budgeting, reporting, modeling and other ad hoc analyses. The ideal candidate will be driven and curious with the ability to synthesize complex analyses and communicate results directly with senior leaders.
- Partner with internal teams to evaluate Product Margin drivers and trends
- Develop and maintain financial forecasts for Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and Income Statements and supporting schedules
- Perform variance analysis on monthly, quarterly and annual results
- Manage reporting of key financial and operating metrics
- Provide financial analysis to support company-wide strategic and operational initiatives
- Evaluate proposed investments based on analytical framework for expected returns
- Prepare materials for presentations to Company Leaders and Board of Directors
- Assess company performance relative to key competitors, providing insight to management on an ongoing basis
- Support with ad hoc financial requests
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 3+ years of relevant finance experience in accounting or FP&A
- Thorough understanding of the three key Financial Statements with working knowledge of basic accounting principles & US GAAP.
- Advanced Excel skills including financial modeling and manipulating large data sets
- Proven track record of analyzing data, synthesizing results and presenting complex information with recommendations in a digestible manner
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal. In particular, communicating financial results and analyses.
- Intellectually curious with a passion for digging into the details
- Ability to quickly develop relationships and partnerships at all levels of the organization
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Business Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount