Sr. Manager, Creative Strategy and Planning
About Blue Nile
Blue Nile is the leading online retailer of fine diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry with quality control, inspection, and manufacturing standards among the highest in the industry.
We believe love is universal and eternal, a connection that unites us all, in the most impossible way. We believe that life and love should be celebrated every day, every hour, and every minute. We create jewelry for declarations of connection and appreciation of all kinds. From proposals to graduations, anniversaries to birthdays, a new job, or a new baby. And sometimes, simply just “because.” We are here, always, to help our customers find the gift that says everything they feel, beautifully. At Blue Nile, we are responsible for Celebrating Life’s Brilliant Moments.
As Sr. Manager Creative Strategy and Planning for Blue Nile you will be responsible for managing the evolution of our creative strategy and working with our product merchandising partners and channel leaders to drive effective content supporting the Blue Nile brand promise in partnership with the Director of Creative who will oversee execution of creative content. The right candidate will help set standards for Blue Nile in developing our creative process to enable effective annually planning, consistent strategic direction and development of processes that drive efficiency through our creative teams including art direction, copywriting, digital production, and photography teams. This leader will be incredibly organized and will be able to think both strategically as well as execute the details in partnership with the manager or creative program management. In addition, this leader will help translate consumer insights into actionable strategic insights that ensure Blue Nile drive relevant content to key consumer segments including engagement, gifting, and self-purchase of fine jewelry. The right candidate is comfortable taking ownership annual and quarterly planning from start to finish, coordinating the details and bringing our colleagues along for the ride. Also important to this role will be the ability to tell emotionally driven, inspirational stories, while mindfully supporting our key business strategies. We are revitalizing our brand, product, and customer experience to drive future growth and leadership. We have big goals for the future. Help us take the Blue Nile experience to the next level of excellence.
What You’ll Do
- Design and manage annual creative strategy to allow for content and storytelling across Blue Nile’s core line of products as well as seasonal features and promotional periods.
- Identify & strategize new and existing growth opportunities in partnership with our product merchandising teams and cross channel performance marketing leadership.
- Build out efficiencies in our creative execution program by defining content development focus on core categories and mapping out this strategy throughout the year saving time on creative execution and resourcing.
- Optimize existing / new creative processes to drive efficiency among the teams and work with business owners to engage and educate on processes to drive effective execution.
- Partner with creative project manager to align on resourcing and programming throughout the years.
- Seek out performance marketing data to drive creative strategy and business improvement throughout the year.
- Estimate and manage overall creative budgets from both people resourcing and external vendor relationships.
- Skillfully negotiate creative feedback timelines and expectations.
- Support the Blue Nile culture by building a cross channel team environment among creative, photo and channel marketing teams.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- 5+ years retail experience, partnering with retail merchandising teams translating key programs to creative / content strategy.
- 5+ years in developing creative strategy and working with creative teams across various functions for design, content, packaging, and collateral.
- Experience managing third party creative resources including agencies and contractors.
- Proven expertise in delivering consistent creative solutions across all mediums: e-comm, email, video, social and retail
- Strong operational and business acumen, understanding how creative can drive business growth and return on investment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with amazing storytelling and group discussion abilities
- Strong passion for creative, with the ability to inspire and advocate for excellence across the company
- Experience leveraging creative content and executions to drive strong business results.
- Passionate about consumer trends and insights and ability to translate into effective creative strategy and programming.
- Deeply understands creative process and experience in driving efficiencies among creative teams.
- Ability to work with business owners to understand key business drivers and translate into creative strategy and executional roadmaps.
The salary range for this job is $93,027 - $139,541. Base pay offered may vary depending on geographic region, internal equity, job- related knowledge, skills & experience, among other factors. Regular positions are eligible for discretionary bonus. Blue Nile offers medical, vision, dental coverage and 401(k) employer match amongst other benefits for eligible positions.