Sr. UX Designer
Blue Nile is currently seeking a Senior UX Designer to join our ever-evolving user experience effort. We are looking for someone that can bring strong, user-centered design skills and business knowledge to help us craft and improve our customer experience at scale. You have solid business acumen and believe in the power of strategic design to differentiate a business and increase customer loyalty.
You will be at the center of our collaborative team, building new and exciting functionality and features. You will be sharing your vision and design approach with a small team of passionate designers who are responsible for the execution of strong interaction design solutions for online products.
As a senior user experience designer, you will be the subject matter expert in the full spectrum of user interaction (visual design, user flows, prototypes, wireframes, research, etc.) in a fast-paced environment. You will help evaluate the current user experience and will work with our user experience design team, product owners, executives, and engineers to develop improvements that can be measured, both heuristically and quantitatively.
This position will partner closely with the Technology, Analytics, Merchandising, Brand, and Site Development teams. The ideal candidate will thrive in an environment of continuous innovation, must be able to present complex wireframes, prototypes, and visual solutions to internal stakeholders, and communicate the research methodology and technology behind the proposed ideas and executions.
- Lead the user interface design and prototyping through the full design and development cycle (including concepts, information architecture, visual design, and interaction design)
- Consult with multiple cross-functional teams to produce effective and delightful interactive experience through advanced knowledge of HCI principles and visual design
- Maintain and optimize our interaction and visual design patterns and frameworks
- Interpret quantitative and qualitative behavioral data and competitive analysis for insights into provable and viable design solutions
- Identify solutions to problems and make design solution tradeoff recommendations between customer needs, business goals and technical complexities
- Deliver against and influence design quality, usability and accessibility standards and requirements
- Create both static sketches and wireframes and interactive prototypes that display highly innovative, engaging, and user-centered design
- Help guide the UX team in the creation of modern user interfaces with a focus on usability and simple, intuitive, and efficient user interaction
- Collaborate with teams to improve the creating, maintaining and optimizing of our interaction and visual design patterns and frameworks for web and/or native app experiences
- Take pride in mentoring and coaching junior designers in both design and technical skills
- Comfortable communicating at all levels of the organization and building trust through design delivery results in an agile development environment
- 5+ years’ experience in interactive user experience design and development; experience with ecommerce and digital marketing experiences a plus
- Degree in a relevant field (HCI, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, etc.)
- Solid understanding of semantically sound and maintainable HTML5, CSS3 code and web scripting practices
- Expertise in creating high-quality user experiences; portfolio demonstrating advanced use of typography, color, imagery, grid systems, and well-crafted animation/transitions
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, verbal and written communication skills, networking and presentation skills
- Advanced application of web standards, progressive enhancement, dynamic content retrieval, and responsive/adaptive design techniques
- Advanced proficiency in typography, layout and composition, information architecture, color theory, fluid grid systems, photography, and animation and transitions
- Proven experience with user interface design and guidelines.
- Experience with usability studies/testing a plus
- Experience with Agile workflows strongly preferred
- High enthusiasm, creativity, initiative, and innovation
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Business Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus