Lead Software Engineer, Mobile Companion App
The World of Warcraft team is seeking a Lead Software Engineer for our mobile companion app!
You are able to identify and tackle challenges within an existing yet constantly evolving code base. We’re highly collaborative, so you are comfortable working closely with others to develop a shared vision and then work to see it through to completion. Being WoW, it’s also helpful if you’re familiar with our gameplay (or other MMO’s).
You will oversee a small mixed team of engineers and designers to bring components of World of Warcraft to mobile devices to allow our players from all over the world to engage with the game while they're away from their computers. You will craft our technology solutions as we explore more ways we can tie our game and our app together to complement each other.
Here you’ll be in a creative environment designed to encourage your best work, to foster learning and growing as a team passionate about translating dreams into reality. We’re on a quest to iterate and craft our game and companion app into the best they've ever been; until the complex becomes instinctive, and player tools evolve into a natural extension of the gaming experience. So, join us - if you understand our excitement and real passion for what we do and where we're taking our game, we want to hear from you!
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, and artists to achieve the vision of our game and its companion app
- Own the architectural vision and quality level of the shipping mobile application
- Evaluate and mentor engineers and UI designers on the team.
- Balance time between managing and contributing through programming.
- Understand and articulate the trade-offs between technical and design choices and solve for the best player experience
- Strong engineering skills and a proven ability to build a codebase from the beginning all the way to production
- Experience with Unity or other off-the-shelf engines as well as native/custom engines on mobile platforms
- Proficient in both written and verbal communication with technical and non-technical developers
- Professional programming experience with fluency in C++ and C#
- Previous leadership experience or strong potential, as well as the ability to mentor engineers and UI designers
- Experience building and supporting a live client/server network game
- Experience shipping mobile games
- Previous experience on a live product that is frequently updated
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster a deeply collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!