Managing creative talent is a creative talent all its own. As Design Manager, you’ll be responsible for the management of the World of Warcraft design team, partnering with the team’s design leadership to foster the overall growth and improvement of the design department—leveling the team up as it were. We’d love to see a background in AAA design or production, though it’ll be a combination of your experience managing creative people and an understanding of game dev dynamics that’ll be most critical to your success in this role.
Passion for managing the designers over managing the design itself is a distinction we’d like to make here. We’re really looking for a manager who loves guiding others to success, both individually and as a department.
Look below at the responsibilities to get a better sense of the day-to-day responsibilities. If you’re ready to embrace the challenge of mentoring and growing one of the most talented team of designers in the industry, we want to hear from you!
- Manage individuals and production in the design department for World of Warcraft.
- Supervise staff and work with Design leadership and team Leads to provide work direction, performance reviews, and coaching.
- Create and implement action plans for the department's future success, emphasizing training and development.
- Administer staffing decisions that help achieve both the short-term and long-range goals of the team
- Experience as a lead, supervisor, Design Manager or Director in AAA games
- Demonstrated ability to manage a group of designers in a dynamically changing game production environment
- Proven ability to deal a with a wide range of personnel issues including recruitment, career development and conflict resolution
- Demonstrated ability to interact as part of a team and to contribute to increasing productivity goals and efficiencies
- Strong organizational skills
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills, diplomacy and tact
- Bachelor’s Degree in game design, production, or related fields
SUBMISSION / PORTFOLIO REQUIREMENTS
- Resume required
- Cover letter required