Global Director, Consumer Marketing, Mobile
Blizzard is on a quest to find a legendary Global Director of Consumer Marketing, Mobile who is a grandmaster at their craft. This is a demonstrated leader with a CMO mentality as they will be the key marketing lead for all mobile titles at Blizzard. Not only do they have a deep understanding of user acquisition which includes the ability to build and scale campaigns to maximize paid channels such as Facebook, Google, Ad Networks as well as TV/offline, they also must take a proactive approach at driving key campaigns with an understanding of the nuanced skills required to build world class creative for mobile games.
The Global Director of Mobile Consumer Marketing will be responsible for leading a dynamic internal group and managing external agencies as well as coordinating with internal production teams and UA analysis and goals. This proven leader will partner with various cross functional teams delivering the franchise’s creative vision and drive creative resources and development teams through strategy, concepting, production, testing and execution – for Global campaign distribution.
- Develop innovative and creative marketing campaigns to support franchises through their development, product launch and post support as games as a service
- Collaborate closely with Blizzard’s Commercial Organization to build and execute Product Strike Plans
- Own and lead relationships with external partner agencies and internal production and creative services groups
- Lead overall creative brief process as well as strategy development for marketing campaigns
- Project manage and oversee delivery of final creative for paid media campaigns (globally) supporting Blizzard’s Growth Marketing Organization as well as creative executions to be deployed through our owned and earned social channels
- Drive social media strategy, development and execution for all Mobile franchise launches across various social platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, Twitch, etc.
- Manage owned channels, such as the social networks and associated properties, working with external agencies, internal partners on strategy, execution and optimization, looking for unique ways to use data to create bespoke site experiences and increase player personalization all within a mobile first approach
- Research and build on “best practices” - IP learnings, paid media KPIs, competitive efforts, brand partner input (ex. Google, 1st party), etc.
- Director with 10+ years’ experience in consumer marketing at an agency or in-house organization.
- Experience working specifically in the mobile marketing space – gaming or adjacent tech and entertainment categories is preferred.
- Specific experience in robust, global, paid media campaigns where a “test and learn” A/B approach to drive best-in-class performance marketing is needed.
- Experience designing and supporting integrated digital marketing, social media campaigns, and engagement events as well as developing full cycle reveal to launch and post-launch strategies as a mobile game as a service.
- Appetite for all things digital and social – developing innovative campaigns leveraging the newest tech across platforms - and desire to identify opportunities for strategic brand involvement.
- 3-5 years experience in User Acquisition
- Ability to think creatively to craft new ways to reach audiences and hypothesize UA improvements to overall campaigns and performance
- Partner with teams to analyze post campaign performance to better optimize creative to drive efficacy and overall ROI
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences.